Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #81  
Looks like I'll be going down the garden tractor route for now and buying a larger tractor once we have the home finished. At my current home I have a fair amount of mowing around obstacles as well as a hill that I have to mow, likely a Simplicity Prestige or JD 500 series that will handle all mowing requirements as well as hauling my small cart/spreader now.

I would go down the ZTR route but I don't think it'll handle the hill in my front yard that I don't really want to mow with a push mower. My current Husqvarna can mow it if I take the hill straight on and take only mower width passes.
Why not landscape the hill so you do not have to mow it?

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations
Why not landscape the hill so you do not have to mow it?
Because that is a large chunk of change that spans half of my property against the road (300ft). With us selling this home in a year or two I don't think I'll see my investment back out of it.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #83  
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, have not read all the threads, but Kioti has various spring promotions that can save a lot of money and end May 31. Cash back, free loader, etc. Look under the Financing tab at Kioti.com if interested. Bought a new one in 2017 and had a used one before that. Very happy with them.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #84  
I am looking for recommendations for a sub-compact or compact tractor. Right now my wife and I have a smaller property (1.2 acres). We have property that we will be building on in the next few years (15 acres with a ~600-800ft planned driveway). I am looking to get a front mount blower, front loader, and belly mower for the time being. We are planning a 1.5-2 acre finish cut area at this time. If I need a backhoe I will rent one. Another usage will be at my family cabin for doing some light work moving dirt and moving wood around.

I'd like to stick to a company that I can expect to have a long service life (IE 20-30 year part availability) which has really pointed me toward units like a JD 1025R or Kubota BX2680.

I take care of 10 acres with a Ventrac. It is an amazing machine. It is built like a tank does amazing on slopes, wet ground, and does everything I need. I was skeptical until I demoed it. It will do what all the videos say it will.

Some say that it is too expensive, but I find it comparable to the JD and Kubotas, and it does a much better job.

As an added bonus, it's built in the US.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #85  
One thing I forgot to mention. Not sure if JD finally got on board but they used to have proprietary mountings. They did NOT have Universal Quick Attach on their front end loaders. They had their own setup so you were stuck buying their attachments. Not sure if you were looking to put a FEL on you final pick but just be aware.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #86  
SHOOT the koiti and buy an LS 225 s or above

willy

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #87  
I love my BX23 with the 60" belly mower. I've been cutting with it for 12 years and think it does a great job. The FEL has enough capacity to move whatever I need.
Went tubing down your Apple River years ago and had a great time!

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #88  
I have a John Deere 4210 Compact tractor and love it. Have used for years and have all kinds of different mowers and now would opt for only 1, a 60" flail mower. It does excellent work on finishes yet can also tackle heavy stuff even clearing small trees and brush. You have to get the one set up for the belly mower to have a front pto for the front mounted snow blower. (one thing we don't need here)

Unbelievable how many hundred tons of dirt and rock we've moved, acres we've cleared and mowed, and roads we've graded with this little beauty. I also have a tractor three times this size and 75hp, but all my workers will jump on the 4210 if given a choice.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #89  
I am looking for recommendations for a sub-compact or compact tractor. Right now my wife and I have a smaller property (1.2 acres). We have property that we will be building on in the next few years (15 acres with a ~600-800ft planned driveway). I am looking to get a front mount blower, front loader, and belly mower for the time being. We are planning a 1.5-2 acre finish cut area at this time. If I need a backhoe I will rent one. Another usage will be at my family cabin for doing some light work moving dirt and moving wood around.

I'd like to stick to a company that I can expect to have a long service life (IE 20-30 year part availability) which has really pointed me toward units like a JD 1025R or Kubota BX2680.
I recommend going to the dealership and driving a few. Completely changed my mind on what I needed. I ended up going with a Kubota L2501. I got a package deal with zero percent financing.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #90  
Now that I have a flail (on my Kioti) I can state that they're a great option to have for mowing. I have hundreds of hours running rotary cutters (likely closer to 1,000 hrs) and am finding that a flail can do a great job on grass. My flail has hammers and it still does well.

My B7800 rang up a ton of hours doing what most people here seem to state that such a machine could not do. [I've put on about 1,100 hours on it] Never been to the dealer: the dealer I got it [used] from isn't in business any more- though another Kubota dealership bought them out. Although my Kioti is now my primary workhorse I have zero intention of getting rid of the B7800: for small jobs it is just so much easier to operate (and do so very quickly- all mechanical, no electronics); and, it's indestructible.