Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,311  
image.jpeg well we went bought new bikes yesterday.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,314  
Brandi they didn't have the option to get one on it but we already been looking at aftermarket.
Kyle I started riding at 5 and my last bike was around 21(I am 37 now)but I started my boy out last year(at 6)on the electric dirt bikes,this is his first real bike and he is riding like a champ. It's a lot better that I got one also so we can ride the 400acres together,my brother and nephew ride bikes also,so we all can ride. His wife rides also and mine is in the learning stage,they loaned us one there old bikes a 80 for her,then when she ready me and the boy will go buy her a new one. The wife is the one who went to Honda shop and bought these for us,yes I have an awesome wife. Sons bike is a like new crf70(4stroke)and mine a 2016 CRF250X (4stroke),I'm use to the race 2stroke bikes but this new bike is way better for trail riding and slower pace behind him but if you won't to let it out,it will hang with the 125cc 2stroke race bikes I use to ride for sure(and it has electric start).

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,315  
Brandi they didn't have the option to get one on it but we already been looking at aftermarket.
Kyle I started riding at 5 and my last bike was around 21(I am 37 now)but I started my boy out last year(at 6)on the electric dirt bikes,this is his first real bike and he is riding like a champ. It's a lot better that I got one also so we can ride the 400acres together,my brother and nephew ride bikes also,so we all can ride. His wife rides also and mine is in the learning stage,they loaned us one there old bikes a 80 for her,then when she ready me and the boy will go buy her a new one. The wife is the one who went to Honda shop and bought these for us,yes I have an awesome wife. Sons bike is a like new crf70(4stroke)and mine a 2016 CRF250X (4stroke),I'm use to the race 2stroke bikes but this new bike is way better for trail riding and slower pace behind him but if you won't to let it out,it will hang with the 125cc 2stroke race bikes I use to ride for sure(and it has electric start).
I use to ride my brothers Honda XL350. I loved that thumper. I cried when he got rid of it. As I remember, I had to stand on my tippy toes to hold it up.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#6,316  
Whew, you all started much earlier than I did. I was 20 when I bought a used 250cc Zudapp in 1960; never could get the darned thing to run right, so the dealer took it back after a month or so. Then in the Spring of '68 I bought a new 305 Yamaha to ride back and forth to work, but that Fall we moved farther out and I quit riding it to work, so I eventually sold it. I think it was early '84 when I bought our younger daughter a 50cc Honda scooter and myself a 400cc Honda, then traded up to a 650 Silver Wing (the Silver Wing now is a big scooter, but then it was a full dress motorcycle), and still later traded up to a Honda Gold Wing Aspencade (1200cc Gold Wing with all digital instruments). I went a lot of distances on that one, down to Port Aransas, to the FBI National Academy at Quantico, VA, and while there, on weekends, all over Virginia, into New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc. I eventually sold it and bought a BMW R80RT that I went to Colorado Springs and up Pike's Peak on. Not a bad bike all, but certainly nothing came close to the Honda Gold Wing. But I sold the BMW when I retired and we started full time RVing.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,317  
Whew, you all started much earlier than I did. I was 20 when I bought a used 250cc Zudapp in 1960; never could get the darned thing to run right, so the dealer took it back after a month or so. Then in the Spring of '68 I bought a new 305 Yamaha to ride back and forth to work, but that Fall we moved farther out and I quit riding it to work, so I eventually sold it. I think it was early '84 when I bought our younger daughter a 50cc Honda scooter and myself a 400cc Honda, then traded up to a 650 Silver Wing (the Silver Wing now is a big scooter, but then it was a full dress motorcycle), and still later traded up to a Honda Gold Wing Aspencade (1200cc Gold Wing with all digital instruments). I went a lot of distances on that one, down to Port Aransas, to the FBI National Academy at Quantico, VA, and while there, on weekends, all over Virginia, into New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc. I eventually sold it and bought a BMW R80RT that I went to Colorado Springs and up Pike's Peak on. Not a bad bike all, but certainly nothing came close to the Honda Gold Wing. But I sold the BMW when I retired and we started full time RVing.
We started on mini bikes. We, my brother and I, tore apart lots of horizontal shaft lawn mowers (remember them, with the belt driving the shaft in a twisted figure 8?) Grandpa had one with a wooden deck. I got that one. Guess that is where I got my start as a mechanic. Seems were were always saving our money for master links for our wore out chains, which would eat up the teeth on our clutches.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,318  
My first was a 1966 Yamaha 250 Big Bear Scrambler. You could screw the caps off the two mufflers, pull the inserts, and it was way loud. Bought a set a spare wheels, off a wrecked one, and put knobby tires on them for fun off road and early days motocross.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1463351467.206002.jpg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,319  
We been putting the hrs on them everyday.image.jpeg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,320  
We been putting the hrs on them everyday.View attachment 468734

Awesome stories folks. I've been around bikes my whole life. Worked for years at 2 shops. I'm partial to yamahas, but they've made some lemons too. I will ride just about anything.

The older I get, the faster I was...