Thoughts on 02 F450 dump

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #12  
If it were me I'd make a list of things I need to repair, possible future repairs to make it safe and semi reliable and what I'm capable of doing if it ended up being more than the cost of a smaller dump trailer including purchase price of the f450 I'd go with dump trailer keeping in mind other possible uses I can utilize the f450 besides dumping dirt.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #13  
id also look at what smaller usable 20 yr old dump trucks are going for around you Is it located around sw Michigan? if you pass on it pm me lol.

Last edited:
   / Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #14  
The price sounds good but having fixed rust on classic cars and one pickup, I wouldn’t put a dime into the body. It’s a never ending battle. You might have to do some, so your feet don’t drag on the ground.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump
The price sounds good but having fixed rust on classic cars and one pickup, I wouldn’t put a dime into the body. It’s a never ending battle. You might have to do some, so your feet don’t drag on the ground.

Yeah, PA state inspection doesn’t allow for holes in the body, so some work required…

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #16  
   / Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #17  
I think for that money this truck as long as its operational will never be worth less and it's going to be very easy to get your investment back.
I've got a 99 f450 for my acreage. It's rust free and never goes out on the street from December to April. It beats the he!! out of a trailer and a suitable towing vehicle.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #18  
I think for that money this truck as long as its operational will never be worth less and it's going to be very easy to get your investment back.
I've got a 99 f450 for my acreage. It's rust free and never goes out on the street from December to April. It beats the he!! out of a trailer and a suitable towing vehicle.
Sounds like a sweet truck, Curious is it the 7.3, power stroke, the v10, or V8 triton, manual or automatic, 4wd or rwd?

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump
   / Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #20  
No holes in the body (think exhaust gas entering cab)
So I assume a check engine and an abs light would fail it also? State inspection people would have a field day in the UP. Lol