Thoughts on 02 F450 dump

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #21  
id also look at what smaller usable 20 yr old dump trucks are going for around you Is it located around sw Michigan? if you pass on it pm me lol.
No crap.if local, I'd be interested

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #22  
Wonder how far you'd get with them if they failed you for exhaust gasses entering cab and you told them it's fixed by rolling down the windows when operating. Lol

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #23  
If you have continued use for it on the property, I think this is a great deal.

Even if u couldn’t get it to pass PA inspection you could have material delivered and then load it into the bed for distribution around the property.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #24  
In PA it depends on where you go for inspection. Some more strict than others. Rocker rust generally not a problem as long as it doesn’t allow outside air in cab. Holes in floor are a different story.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #25  
As it stands now, that would be a “farm truck” if holes in cab. If the OP owns a farm (just an assumption because of acres) he could tag it as a farm truck and no PA inspection is required. This does not resolve the safety issue of exhaust in cab

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #26  
As it stands now, that would be a “farm truck” if holes in cab. If the OP owns a farm (just an assumption because of acres) he could tag it as a farm truck and no PA inspection is required. This does not resolve the safety issue of exhaust in cab
Old timers are rolling in there graves, Previous generations drove vehicles with rusted out floor boards and exhaust leaks before. Before the 70s and 80s used leaded gas. For occasionally using it short distances imo I see no adverse effects of driving it with the windows rolled down. Lol, or use 1/8 inch pieces of plywood with self tappers and sealant on edges around the holes if your not comfortable fabbing, welding or pulling the bench seat, floor liner, and interior apart to put in new floor pans. Whatever you choose to do don't take my backwoods shade tree mechanic fixes, opinions seriously.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #27  
If I could get that truck for $2-4K I believe I would do so. You could probably put another $5k in repairs and still sell for a profit.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump

I looked into farm tags but wouldn’t be able to get them because I’m not a “farm”. So annual registration will be a larger cost than insurance.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump
For occasionally using it short distances imo I see no adverse effects of driving it with the windows rolled down. Lol, or use 1/8 inch pieces of plywood with self tappers and sealant on edges around the holes if your not comfortable fabbing, welding or pulling the bench seat, floor liner, and interior apart to put in new floor pans. Whatever you choose to do don't take my backwoods shade tree mechanic fixes, opinions seriously.

Because this wouldn’t be a daily driver, I think it would be an interesting project to practice my welding and painting skills on. We have a big house remodel/addition project going on and I’d like have the truck just to use this summer when we’ll be ready to do the landscaping, retaining wall and driveway work, hopefully with some minimal patching to get it to pass inspection for one more year and then do it more right next winter.

Hoping to take it to an independent mechanic for a mechanical opinion this week before making an offer on the truck…

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #30  
I can tell you from experience a small semi reliable and somewhat safe dump truck is invaluable and was a money saving asset when building a home or cabin.