Thoughts on 02 F450 dump

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #41  
I’d be interested in anyone from PA on here that has gone through the farm tag process. I looked at the registration form but you need an EIN and to provide tax information (show income) on your farm. While we have a garden, orchard, timber, etc., we don’t generate annual income on our property.
Find a way to generate income off all that land you have. Use your imagination. Timber, some steers, Christmas Trees, etc.

HEMP? lol :rolleyes:

Also, if I hauled a load of something for a neighbor or relative, technically I’d be in violation of motor vehicle code.

Not if it’s farming related. ;) Like if you hauled wood, logs, dirt off your farm to their property, you are in the process of cleaning up your farm. It’s not very likely you’d b questioned.

Just trying to help you find a way to get around the inspection process if you don’t want to replace 1/2 the cab on that truck.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump
Find a way to generate income off all that land you have. Use your imagination. Timber, some steers, Christmas Trees, etc.

HEMP? lol

Not if it’s farming related. Like if you hauled wood, logs, dirt off your farm to their property, you are in the process of cleaning up your farm. It’s not very likely you’d b questioned.

Just trying to help you find a way to get around the inspection process if you don’t want to replace 1/2 the cab on that truck.

NOTE: A farm vehicle must be used exclusively for agricultural purposes and may not be used in other operations such as commercial trucking, logging, landscaping and transporting show horses. Agricultural purposes include produce, dairy, livestock and poultry farming, hay and field crop farming and orchard and nursery operations.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #43  

NOTE: A farm vehicle must be used exclusively for agricultural purposes and may not be used in other operations such as commercial trucking, logging, landscaping and transporting show horses. Agricultural purposes include produce, dairy, livestock and poultry farming, hay and field crop farming and orchard and nursery operations.

Guess I’m in trouble then. We use farm trucks for transporting dirt from ditching, bringing topsoil in to spread on fields, going to get supplies, lots of things. Never been bothered.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #44  
So let's say you file the paperwork to establish a small farming operation on your property. With ein, LLC, etc You take your "farm" plated truck out to get building materials to build your home get stopped with a bunk of plywood in the back, heading back to "farm" you are building a home on your farm right? Last I checked "farmers" still live in a home? Anyways I have a small "farming" LLC operation in MI every year since I started my losses get less and less. Haven't quite my day job yet lol. Nor have I ever been bothered or stopped transporting questionably large loads to my cabin 500 miles away using current farm plates on truck or trailers for personal use. Good luck.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #45  
It's nice that f450 runs the dump bed with a pump off the fan belt I believe vs other methods.
Most of the dump bodies of that era are an electric/hydraulic pump just like a dump trailer.
Dump trailers are almost 2X what they cost 5 years ago.
Not just dump trailers. Any trailer is double what it was 5 years ago.
But then again.....so are trucks, tractors, equipment, gas/diesel......pretty much everything except wages

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #46  
My 94 GMC 1 ton dump wasn't electric over hydraulic thankfully. It had an electrically activated clutch to run the hydraulic pump off the fan belt.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #47  
Two words.....Buy it

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #48  
My 94 GMC 1 ton dump wasn't electric over hydraulic thankfully. It had an electrically activated clutch to run the hydraulic pump off the fan belt.

Engine powered pumps that drive off the fan belt and engage with an electric clutch were somewhat common. My ton truck has a transmission driven pto.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #49  
A F-450, 4x4 with a dump body and v-10 peaked my interest. I don’t even need another truck and I still want one of those. I’d avoid that truck though. Such significant rust will be nothing except problems.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #50  
I work for a DPW. DPW owned trucks seldom leave town nor see highways. That is why they usually have low miles and have low geared axles. But, you will find all sorts of animals have driven and beat them. Granted there is careful drivers but it is not most. Our trucks are maintained on a fleet schedule which is questionable for a private bought vehicle. Despite the major rust, the real reason the town gets rid of a vehicle is the budget sooner or later allows for replacement.