Tilt trailer

/ Tilt trailer #12  
22’ split tilt 4.5-18 x14k GVW
Hauling my new used M59 TLB——8,800lb.
cam superline’s are really nice. Dirt Monkey video on Diamond C

/ Tilt trailer #13  
I have purchased a new to me M59.
I’m selling my 24’ 12k bumper pull drop ramp trailer. Thinking to purchase a 22.5’ 4.5’ —-18’ tilt x14k
Unit.
My thoughts?
Easier loading
Safer loading
Lower center of gravity

Good match? Overlooked issues?
Experience?
Thanks!!!!
I just purchased a Kaufman 22' tilt deck trailer this past year, I did upgrade to the 8k axles and 17.5 tires, I don't miss the ramps on my old equipment trailer at all, I don't think you will regret getting a tilt deck, I paid a little over 8k if I remember right, with a spare.
20230828_104743.jpg
20230828_103248.jpg

/ Tilt trailer #14  
I don’t think the tilts are as flexible for all uses. But certainly they are easy to load onto. I put stuff on my trailer and then load equipment last. I can only afford 1 trailer for equipment. I deal with ramps.

@Lineman North Florida if you got a super single 22‘ tilt for $8k, you stole it. Good deal! Not gonna find one like that for less than 12-14K now.

/ Tilt trailer #15  
I don’t think the tilts are as flexible for all uses. But certainly they are easy to load onto. I put stuff on my trailer and then load equipment last. I can only afford 1 trailer for equipment. I deal with ramps.

@Lineman North Florida if you got a super single 22‘ tilt for $8k, you stole it. Good deal! Not gonna find one like that for less than 12-14K now.
I just went back and checked their website, the 22' tilt deck like mine with the upgraded 8k axles and 17.5 tires is still $8,190.00 , picked up at one of their 3 factory's, that's the main reason I went with them as a Big Tex like I wanted locally was over 13k , I just couldn't justify the price difference.

/ Tilt trailer #16  

That’s definitely the worst part about a tilt deck. I can get 3 implements on mine. I load 2 on the front and carry the 3rd on the skid steer. I’m at least at the weight capacity or really probably over so not being able to load more isn’t a big problem. If I mounted the toolbox on the tongue it would be better but the bed overhang on my dump truck prevented that. I bought that trailer lightly used right before the Covid inflation got bad for $5500 .
IMG_5809.JPG

/ Tilt trailer #17  
+1 that Tilt decks are the best for loading and unloading a tractor. I rent one for the one or two weekends a year that I need to haul my larger tractor or mini-ex. The closest rental place charges less than $100 a day, and they let me pick up Saturday morning and drop off on Monday morning for that price.

I do own a 16' aluminum trailer with ramps that I use for hauling the small tractor, quads, and other stuff, but I often miss having a tilt deck even for those hauls.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Tilt trailer #18  
I have purchased a new to me M59.
I’m selling my 24’ 12k bumper pull drop ramp trailer. Thinking to purchase a 22.5’ 4.5’ —-18’ tilt x14k
Unit.
My thoughts?
Easier loading
Safer loading
Lower center of gravity

Good match? Overlooked issues?
Experience?
Thanks!!!!
I bought a tilt bed. Really great for loading and unloading the tractor. I regret it because I can't load other stuff on the trailer and put the tractor behind it.

/ Tilt trailer #19  
A tilt would be nice, but the ramps aren't that big of a deal. I have a small hill next to my driveway at home that I back up to. (so no ramps needed) and a small ditch in front of my shop. I can back the trailer towards the ditch and back my tractor out onto the road. (again, no ramps needed)

/ Tilt trailer #20  
How about a hydraulic tilt trailer? They work not matter the weight/balance of the load.