Trailer customization suggestions

/ Trailer customization suggestions #41  
Hmmm.:confused:
You mean make a wide ramp of the left and center ramp? I get that, but I don’t get what you’re saying about the right side ramp. I think you’re saying leave it alone? A little unorthodox, but not a bad idea. Not sure if a skid steer with make it up that configuration, though.:confused3:

Wait let my get my cad system up and draw out a picture.

/ Trailer customization suggestions #42  
like this end view...... ramp.jpg

/ Trailer customization suggestions #43  
That is a really innovative rig.
I wonder if it actually works well.
It does, that's actually what U-Haul uses on their ramp tailgate trailers.
The trick is getting the right strength spring, not strong enough and it won't help, too strong and the tailgate won't sit on the ground.

Aaron Z

/ Trailer customization suggestions
   / Trailer customization suggestions #45  
So the outside ramps aren't adjustable left and right?

And you need something narrower?

Can you remove the left and right ramps and swap them? That would narrow it down to just a gap between where the lights are. Make them pinable so you can move them back if you need to load something with a wide track.

If you still need to fill the spaces between the narrowed ramps, you could just lay a couple portable ramps between them. Put some pins on the bottoms to grip the ramps so they won't slide.

/ Trailer customization suggestions #46  
Like it and appreciate those mechanical drawings :laughing:
But I think it’s not going to work for a skiddy. 2 outside ramps might be too wide (assuming red is wire mesh?)

It will be one wide ramp 2 sections and just beef it up where the skiddy tires are going up the ramp...

/ Trailer customization suggestions #47  
I agree with Peter, there must be a way to make the ramps work in your favor. Maybe eliminate the middle ramp and extend the inside width of the remaining ramps so that you have two, very wide ramps? I would also add the support loops that reach the ground when the ramps are flipped down. You want the ramps to be self supported when you have a heavy piece of equipment on there.

You'll probably have to back a skidsteer on, so make it easy on yourself. and have as big of a ramp(s) as possible. I wonder if one of the those cable lift systems would work? I've seen them in the Northern Tool catalog.

/ Trailer customization suggestions
Seems like grinding the outer ramp welds off of the existing pivots, welding a slightly larger pipe onto them, then slipping over the existing pivots would allow them to be customized for width.... and very little cost to modify. Maybe even do all 3??
I'd really prefer a ramp because most frequent use is zero turn or hay bales. I can roll round bales down a ramp. Goof proof for zero turn, too.....
Wonder if someone makes a reinforced 101" wire mesh ramp? Definitely wouldnt be an Amazon Prime delivery thing :laughing:

/ Trailer customization suggestions #49  
It would look like this but not a 50/50 ramp......12K-Landscaper-Deluxe.png

/ Trailer customization suggestions #50  
trailer ramp 1.jpg