Trailer customization suggestions

/ Trailer customization suggestions #51  
And your springs for the ramps........ trailer ramp 2.jpg

/ Trailer customization suggestions
It would look like this but not a 50/50 ramp......View attachment 650826

I bet those ramps are only 3' wide, but that would be OK, I really dont need a ramp in the center 2'.
4' wide even better.

Thinking these ramps are made by each individual trailer manufacturer, they arent something you can buy from a catalog?

/ Trailer customization suggestions #54  
A welding shop could copy the picture but they are from Kaufman Trailer I was going to by trailers from them..

/ Trailer customization suggestions #57  
Lets say1500.00 for trailer, plus lets say 500.00 for ramp fab and welding so 2k for 2k more new trailer new tires .... no brainer for me...........:laughing:

Hey dem skins is in good shape!
Gotta be a deck over for round bales, can’t have fenders and side railllllsssss!

BTW, I’m buying a big gooseneck from Kaufman as we speak.:thumbsup:

/ Trailer customization suggestions #59  
Hey Hay,
Do you have a particular make/model SS you'll be moving?
Hauling round or big square bales?
How often moving your zero turn?

I ask the last question because if only occasionally, you might get away side loading with some sort of "loose" ramps like used for a p/u truck and make them long for the break over angle. The zero turn seems like the big hang up for all 3 of your estimated usage. One other idea is (again if it's only occasionally) could you just flop down a piece of 3/4 plywood across the ramps? I can't tell if those ramps are over 4" long, and it's a little hillbilly but........:D

I ask about the SS to echo a previous concern - 10' is pretty tight but should work, but the angle of the ramps/beaver tail may preclude you to ONLY backing up onto the trlr. Then there's the ramps, ifin it's a big SS, you may need to add a mid span "leg" to the 2 outside ramps. You'll know if they start to get a little sag in them.

That's a stout, weird little trailer and for that money you could decide that it doesn't quite do what you want and spent several thousand dollars at the welders shop doing some serious alterations and still have a good value.:thumbsup:

/ Trailer customization suggestions #60  
The outside ramps will slide in a little closer:

slide.JPG

The ramps on my trailer slide sideways a lot:

P8250022.JPG
Ramps slid in.JPG

Last edited: