TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #61  
That is less than half of your rated 3 pt hitch capacity. And it's probably fairly close to the back of your 3 pt, as compared to say a 3 pt brush hog that sticks out 8-10' off the hitch arms.

The reason your butt is "puckering" is because that's not enough counter balance weight for a "max lift" on your specific tractor. Your 3 pt is rated for 2310 lbs. If you're going to max out your FEL lift, for one that is a big lift you need to prepare for, you need 2000 pounds on the back to max out your rear ballast and have true "balance" during that lift.

That rear blade is probably fine most of the time, for any number of random FEL lifts. But when you go for a "max" lift, you need to set up your lift in advance with a max rear weight, not half the rear weight. And yes, that's even with filled rear tires (filled rear tires is a good thing too, but doesn't do as good a job of counterweight, as the rear tires are much closer to the lifting fulcrum, which is the front axle). If you try that, you will see a profound difference in what your "butt" does while you lift it.

This points to exactly what I'm talking about. It is up to the operator to determine these things. Owner's manuals and legal disclaimers can only go so far (remember, they're busy warning you not to drink the contents of the battery). The Korean brands you are disparaging as using "advertising draw"s and "exceeding safety limits" as some kind of stunt, are taking it for granted that the seat operator takes all these things into account before they start performing operations like "max lifts", etc.
There aren’t many implements that weigh much more than 1000 pounds for 3 ph ballast, and implements are what most real world users use for ballast in addition to wheel weights or fill. You can’t even find a ballast box that will hold 2000 pounds. What do you do to get 2000# on the 3ph? That’s my point: real world vs specifications are two different things.

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #62  
I am thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on this model. Been watching YouTube videos and such to get a feel for whether or not this will be a smart move on my part. Will be used mostly for clearing between larger trees to get rid of a lot of underbrush, but am keeping an open mind about more nails showing up to use my new hammer on.

Price is pretty decent, so I have room in my flexible budget to add a backhoe. Seems this would be great for de-rooting pine tree stumps and maybe more easily smoothing out some areas by reaching IN to them, rather than PUSHING into them.

So looking for feedback. I have already looked at every tractor brand and dealership relatively near by. Closest runner up was the Kioti brand CK20SE series. But I think I offended the salesman when I told him I thought he wanted too much for the 39 HP version over the 24 HP version. Such is life, I guess.
My only comment is.. Do you have an authorized dealer nearby?

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #63  
That makes for even more butt pucker. 2800 pounds on a bare weight 3887 tractor? Try that and see how stable your tractor feels, even with filled tires and 1000 pounds on 3ph. I’m skeptical that this is a real world practical use. Seems like the hydraulic pressure is turned up to achieve this, but is it safe?
Nope, bigger cylinders. Sturdier axles.

Not likely to put 2700 up high and drive around with it. The point is that even with a lighter load, it is more stable than the same weight on the Kubota. Less stress on the system all across the curve. Unloading 2700 from a delivery driver is cake.

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #64  
Nope, bigger cylinders. Sturdier axles.

Not likely to put 2700 up high and drive around with it. The point is that even with a lighter load, it is more stable than the same weight on the Kubota. Less stress on the system all across the curve. Unloading 2700 from a delivery driver is cake.
Ok. So how much ballast are you running on 3ph to lift 2700 pounds? And what are you finding to make 2000# of ballast?

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #65  
My Kubota l3700 has 1,500lbs ballast box so I can max out front loader at about 1,600lbs. My hydraulics are bumped to 2,650psi.

The Kubota loader is useless without ballast.

My new 4820 TYM though, lifts about 2,000lbs with no rear ballast at all. Very strange ...

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #66  
My Kubota l3700 has 1,500lbs ballast box so I can max out front loader at about 1,600lbs. My hydraulics are bumped to 2,650psi.

The Kubota loader is useless without ballast.

My new 4820 TYM though, lifts about 2,000lbs with no rear ballast at all. Very strange ...
I would really, really encourage you to stop doing that. That is very hazardous to your front axle. None of this is brand specific, or color specific (however you prefer it). I'm not trying to pick on any brand by saying this stuff. You guys need to be careful out there.

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #67  
There aren’t many implements that weigh much more than 1000 pounds for 3 ph ballast, and implements are what most real world users use for ballast in addition to wheel weights or fill. You can’t even find a ballast box that will hold 2000 pounds. What do you do to get 2000# on the 3ph? That’s my point: real world vs specifications are two different things.
I understand what you're saying about implement weight. That was why I asked such a specific question on what you were using for ballast.

In your case, how often (if at all) do you really need to handle max lift jobs? Some users do such things frequently, and some never come close to maxing out their lift capacity. That is fine, too.

If you really need to lift these weights, I would look at a way to hang suitcase weights off of your rear blade. Or finding or making a ballast box specifically for the task. I've never seen a ballast box come (new) with actual ballast in it. It's just an empty box. What you put inside, and how much, is what determines what it weighs. I would wager if you fill the bottom third (or more) of the box with wheel weights (like the lead "tire weight" kind) first, and then something else (concrete, sand, whatever) you could increase the actual weight of that ballast box well beyond just 1000-1500 pounds. Just filling that box with dirt is not a very dense weight. It really depends on if you really need to lift that much weight, whether you would need to find a way to hang that much weight on the back.

And my bare chassis weighs 500 lbs more than your Kubota bare chassis, and my lift is 2200 "at the pins". That's not out on the forks. So for me, my ballast needs are met just fine with either my 6' brush mower (for a max lift) or my box blade (for almost all lifts I normally deal with).

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #68  
When I'm moving soil at the remote propriety, where I usually only have the brush cutter, I just throw a bunch of heavy rocks at the very end of the cutter. Really helps a lot as counter weight and it's enough for bucket work for me.

At home, where I have the link box, I just fill it with cinder blocks. That really puts some weight back there.

I don't do heavy lifting at all. I'll max it out at about 1500 lbs, even though I built my loader to match the Branson one more or less, which has 2100 lbs lift capacity, I believe.

If the time comes where I need to lift anything heavier with the tractor, I'll most like modify the forks to attach on the 3 pt and lift it that way. I doubt I'll need much height on something that heavy.

IMG_20220609_170055.jpg

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy #69  
When I'm moving soil at the remote propriety, where I usually only have the brush cutter, I just throw a bunch of heavy rocks at the very end of the cutter. Really helps a lot as counter weight and it's enough for bucket work for me.

At home, where I have the link box, I just fill it with cinder blocks. That really puts some weight back there.

I don't do heavy lifting at all. I'll max it out at about 1500 lbs, even though I built my loader to match the Branson one more or less, which has 2100 lbs lift capacity, I believe.

If the time comes where I need to lift anything heavier with the tractor, I'll most like modify the forks to attach on the 3 pt and lift it that way. I doubt I'll need much height on something that heavy.

View attachment 830386
My main criteria is to lift and move 2000 pounds. Because most things come on one ton pallets: wood pellets, cattle feed, etc…. I don’t handle anything that weighs more.

/ TYM T474HC at the top of my list to buy
Am I biting off more than I can chew by putting an IronCraft FMH-160H flail mower on the back of my T474?

Last edited: