What additives do you use in your fuel and engines?

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #51  
Sometimes I put a little castor oil in the gas of lawn mowers etc...just to smell that smell...!

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #52  
My old Valpadana 41hp diesel has never had additives in 21 years and never a problem apart from the odd flat battery. Various B&S engined mowers and 20yo Bombardier ATV the same. This is in Southern Australia so cold but no snow in winter. Sounds a bit like all these vitamins, foods and potions that we are supposed to take to make us live forever, have good sex etc. - good money for the makers but questionable benefit!

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #53  
Diesel Kleen and MMO, 2:1 to make 3 gallons + 2.6 oz. bottle of chainsaw 2-stroke oil, shake well. Mix with diesel 1 oz./gal.

TCW3 2-stroke oil in gasoline, 5 oz./ gallon, for 4-stroke engines.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #54  
Lots of snake oil additives out there to be purchased. Everything under the sun.

Myself, I use Biocide in my diesel storage tank (Powerservice Bio-Kleen) and Powerservice winter and summer additives as well. I also use Archoil additives in my engines, especially the AR Nano-Borate oil additive. Not cheap but keeps the engines clean inside. I switched from Rotella straight 30 weight to 5-40 Rotella T6 some years back as well.

Typically, I have around 500 gallons of diesel on hand constantly and I'm always concerned about algae growing in my bulk tank. Been down the algae highway before and it's not a cheap fix, even if you do the work yourself. My last go around with it cist me almost a grand in new parts and a lot of time and labor. I'd rather use an ounce or two of prevention than have to del with the slime.

What are your favorite elixirs and why?
One of my brothers is a mechanical engineer For GM. He recommended I use Stanadyne Performance Formula so i add it to the 300 gal storage tank whenever I add fuel to it. So far i’ve never had any fuel issues summer or winter.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #55  
What do you guys use for biocide? What do you recommend that I can get localy at a Walmart or Runnings? I have a can or two of #1 that I'd like to save for next winter rather than burn up in the heat and might ought to treat it. I'd also be glad to hear that it won't hurt to burn the #1 in the heat--I'm pretty new to the whole diesel experience.

Thanks,

Bob

Attachments

• KIMG0419.JPG
    KIMG0419.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • KIMG0418.JPG
    KIMG0418.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
   / What additives do you use in your fuel and engines?
That is me and it ain't cheap either but, a little goes a long way.

My BIL is also a design engineer at Fords and he spent a lot of time at Fords SV operations downriver and he never recommends any elixirs to me.

One thing I did get was a very built '97 Ford Powerstroke from them. He 'borrowed' my truck for a month and they went through the motor and transmission (E4OD and replaced and upgraded everything plus the put a full Gale Banks engineering kit on it and I didn't pay a cent, other than I had to replace the rear tires when I got it back. must have seen some serious dyno time.

He's at Rawsonville at the transmission plant now.

Always thought Stanadyne was in the plumbing fixture business...lol

I use Bio-Kleen and Powerservice because the Freightliner dealer I retired from used it with excellent results and having dealt with the biodiesel algae issue personally, don't ever want to revisit that scenario, it's an expensive fix even if you 'do it yourself'.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #57  
I used to use Lucas Engine treatment but in the boat but the fuel coming out of the vents during fuel-up was green. I emailed Lucas and asked if that was supposed to happen and they never responded. I latter had to take the boat to an excellent outboard marine mechanic and he asked me also; Why is the fuel green? He was thinking algae in the tank. Nope. So I quit using it and only use Sea Foam in everything now (Diesel truck, loader, boat, chainsaws......) Sea Foam is fantastic.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #58  
I put Stabil in the gas can. I put a biocide and Diesel Kleen in the diesel can.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #59  
Bought extra bottle of PS bio kleen at walmart $28/qt. If youlook at jjeff's photos, post 56, 1oz will treat 50 gal. Used animal syringe to measure out smaller amount for 5 gal cans. got tired of the bs and lifting cans to hood of tractor. Much happier with 50 gal (for me) "bulk tank"

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #60  
A splash of 2stroke oil or ATF in diesel fuel for the tractor and the 7.3IDI. Nothing in gas cause I only use ethanol free begining in early fall. Non ethanol in 2stroke fuel with Stihl ultra which is said to contain fuel stabilizers.