What Did I Purchase?

/ What Did I Purchase?
With the extra info you have given it seems like a seal that is drying out/hardening. There are some products that when applied to the seal will "soften" them up restoring them for a period of time with out needing to replace the seal
Just a thought.... might be worth a try.
Good luck sir
I think so too - the seals have hardened.
We have seal softening products here too. But right after I've sent a pm to the dealer who sold me a tractor, I've got a call that they have the required seals on stock. I think I'll wait for warmer climate conditions and will replace the seals.
Thanks for advice.

/ What Did I Purchase?
This probably will be my first attachment for this GB-15. 🤔:rolleyes:
I've bought it from a man who made it (lathe operator) for €70. They are more expensive here on the market than this price.

20220111_133947.jpg

I will arrange it on a 3pt pallet forks which I'm gonna make myself so it'll be 2 attachments in one. I'll put that splitting screw on a steel plate, which will be screwed onto the forks. It'll be removable. Not a lot of work, not much expensive, hope it'll work well.

/ What Did I Purchase? #63  
This probably will be my first attachment for this GB-15. 🤔:rolleyes:
I've bought it from a man who made it (lathe operator) for €70. They are more expensive here on the market than this price.

View attachment 728797

I will arrange it on a 3pt pallet forks which I'm gonna make myself so it'll be 2 attachments in one. I'll put that splitting screw on a steel plate, which will be screwed onto the forks. It'll be removable. Not a lot of work, not much expensive, hope it'll work well.
Be careful with this style of splitter. It can get really ugly really fast.

Weld a piece of flat bar vertically under the screw, leaving just a 40 to 60 mm of thread exposed so when the log is being split, the flat bar piece won't let it spin in a dangerous way.

/ What Did I Purchase?
Be careful with this style of splitter. It can get really ugly really fast.

Weld a piece of flat bar vertically under the screw, leaving just a 40 to 60 mm of thread exposed so when the log is being split, the flat bar piece won't let it spin in a dangerous way.
Even if I know the emerging dangers, I still always thank everyone for warning.
Yes, for sure, it will be done. I've seen how that vertical bar should be arranged.
Thanks again for reminder. (y)

/ What Did I Purchase? #65  
Even if I know the emerging dangers, I still always thank everyone for warning.
Yes, for sure, it will be done. I've seen how that vertical bar should be arranged.
Thanks again for reminder. (y)
pics or we'll worry
also
video in action :cool:

/ What Did I Purchase?
My promise.
It's interesting, because the screw consists of three different dimension cones. I never saw such before. Most of them have a double cone.

/ What Did I Purchase? #67  
Here's a potential similar screw splitter in action - lots of moving parts (and logs) you can see the wedge on the bottom.

The screw splitter seems to be a lot more work than the hydraulic wedge machines - what's the benefit - cost or the device?

/ What Did I Purchase?
The screw splitter seems to be a lot more work than the hydraulic wedge machines - what's the benefit - cost or the device?
Curiosity and simplicity. To see how it works. :)

/ What Did I Purchase?
Today I've got some material for my 2 in 1 implement :)

pallet forks + screw log splitter​

Here it is:
1/ steel profile 100x50x10 mm for the forks;
2/ calibrated steel strip 100x20 mm, length 820 mm for the crossbars.
It costed me €100 totally.

20220124_142557.jpg

20220124_142455.jpg

/ What Did I Purchase? #70  
That's a nice a deal. I would expect to be a lot more money for what you have there.

Looking forward to see more progress on this implement. (y)