What did you do with your Power Trac today?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #191  
Wow, that is an amazing canna lilly harvest! Do you do anything special? Do you have them in deep compost or something so that they are easy to dig out?

Nice haul on the oak.

All the best,

Peter

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #192  
Thanks. The cannas don't get much special treatment. I till up a strip about 2-3' wide along the fence and bury the bulbs about 4-6" deep. Cover them up. Once they poke through the ground, we put down Preen with fertilizer to keep the weeds down. They get a misting of water from the drip system for about 10 minutes every morning. Maybe some miracle grow if I remember about 2-3 times during the summer.

After 1st frost, we cut them down to 4-6" tall and I take the PT small bucket with teeth and dig them out. Spray the dirt off the bulbs and let them dry. I put about 25 in a kitty litter bucket. 8 buckets gives me 200 bulbs. Store them in the open buckets in the back of the basement where it never freezes. The rest get buried in the back yard. Some years they sprout up, but mostly, they just rot, as they can't take being frozen.

I used to get stressed out about saving all of them and finding them free homes. But they triple every year, if not quadruple. One year I saved 1500!

So now, the 200 plants that strip along the fence with plenty left over for pots or friends, and I'll have 6-800 by fall.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #193  
There's a 52" fence behind these somewhere. This is July 17. They got to about 8' by the end of summer.

0FFD974D-45EE-4A76-B532-12DEFEF17F6D.jpeg

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #194  
I needed to use my Igland 4501 logging winch and it was stored inside a shipping container. Tough to back in and connect the 3pt hitch, so had to move out. But which tractor was free? Only the PT018 with a 600 lb lift capacity to lift a winch that weighs 575lbs (plus cable spool, chains, etc. and the big drop exiting the container). Well I gave it a shot instead of removing hyd driven attachments from the bigger tractors. As you may see in the picts, it worked perfect. I did notice the front tires a little soft, maybe cause of cold weather. Great little tractor to have around!
Did you put a hydraulic cooler on that?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #195  
IMG_6148.JPG

4n1 bucket for the win..!
Tornados that went through awhile back did a number on our makeshift pool cover, and it was 1/2 in the pool.
We couldn’t move it by hand
Clamped onto it with the bucket and lifted, and pulled it out.!

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today?
Good work, no need to leave the seat. Work smarter, not harder!

Screening with the 1430. It can't get enough dump angle when all the way up, so the 4 in 1 allows it to dump into the screener.

Attachments

• Resized_20211216_122228.jpeg
    Resized_20211216_122228.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • Resized_20211216_122148.jpeg
    Resized_20211216_122148.jpeg
    956.7 KB · Views: 87
   / What did you do with your Power Trac today? #199  
@m5040 How do you like that screen?

All the best, Peter

The screen works surprisingly well. Too high for the PT. If you know about them, they have that back strip to funnel and slow down the material. If something gets stuck, you use the loader bucket to push the funnel away and it will pass the large rocks etc. Someone put a lot of thought into it. I have only use the largest screen, I think it is 3".

I use the PT because although it is marginally sized, it does work. If I use the 60HP Kubota I don't want to drop a rock off the back of the bucket as I raise it and have it fall on the hood and cause $1000s in damage. The PT is basically indestructible, cosmetically anyway.