What do you think about this trailer?

/ What do you think about this trailer? #1  

mfreund

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4310 eHydro,
This trailer seems to meet my needs. What say the experts??? Should I look for something heavier to haul a Deere 4310? This is a dealer near me.I will be pulling it with a 2500hd Chevy. I know I would like to get brakes on both axles. Anything else?? Thanks for your opinions

.New 2013 18 ' Flatbed Car Trailer W/ Dovetail

/ What do you think about this trailer? #2  
This is almost identical to my trailer but mine does not have the beaver tail and my ramps slide in from the rear.

Few things I see are there appears to be no brake away. Also hook up the trailer and make sure you can lower your tailgate withot hitting the tongue jack. Lastly check the coupler. Most 2" are only rated for 5000#. Some are rated for 7500# but not many and it should be stamped. Also make sure your draw bar and 2" ball are also rated.

Chris

/ What do you think about this trailer? #3  
The tractor is 3k + implements so if it were me I would go with at least a 10k gvw trailer that could haul 7k or so. I have a 10k trailer and I cannot haul at any speed without the tires getting hot with my tractor and 2 implements. Just a FYI. CJ

/ What do you think about this trailer? #4  
Lastly check the coupler. Most 2" are only rated for 5000#. Some are rated for 7500# but not many and it should be stamped. Also make sure your draw bar and 2" ball are also rated.

Chris

I've always been under the impression that for a rating over 5000# you had to step up to a 2 5/16" ball and coupler.

Ken

/ What do you think about this trailer? #5  
The information on the tires is vague at best. To upgrade those is another 350 or more. I don't see anywhere to secure your 3000 lb tractor, does it have tie downs of any kind? Did I miss that?
The price seems reasonable. I'd say it's a good deal from what I can see.
I would want a little more trailer for that tractor....with brakes...on both axles.
Does your machine have a loader? If so are you thinkng of backing it on? Measure your machine and see where this will fall out.

/ What do you think about this trailer? #6  
as DP said.. I have seen the HD couplers.. but way more common to see 5K.

and to add to that. same goes for the tounges.

vast majority of tounges i see are 5k tounges.. not 7.5 or 10 or 12k.

soundguy

/ What do you think about this trailer? #7  
I would go with a 20 foot for $100, but also upgrade to #5000 axles, brakes on both, you can add the breakaway if they dont offer it.

Dave

/ What do you think about this trailer? #8  
It might be a little short for what you need. I have a 16' which is too short for me to easily load my JD 770 with loader and 5' bush hog. The tail wheel hangs off, the ramps have to be chained up, and the loader bucket rests on the tongue mounted winch.

Your 4310 is bigger and longer, so if you have a cutter on the back and loader on the front, that trailer will be too short. Could be over weight too.

/ What do you think about this trailer? #9  
I've always been under the impression that for a rating over 5000# you had to step up to a 2 5/16" ball and coupler.

Ken
Nope

They make a 2" couple and ball that are both rated at 7,500#. I have had quite a few of them.

Chris

/ What do you think about this trailer? #10  
We each have an opinion but to me this trailer will be close to its limit hauling a 4310. You did not mention how your 4310 is spec'd but my 3720 I had with loader, loaded tires, box blade weighed 5200 pounds and it is physically the same size as your 4310. Adding in trailer weight your gross vehicle weight would be a bit close for my comfort. Also, I would spend the extra for the additional length because it is challenging balancing a tractor that size on a trailer that length, especially if the weight is close. It needs better tie down points and I also would favor dual axle brakes but pulling that load behind a 2500 it would not be absolutely necessary since your tow vehicle is so nice.

John M