What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab?

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #21  
I put a standard Sony ca radio in my L5740 (using Kubota adapter harness). It died, assume it couldn’t stand the rough ride. The L6060 that replaced it got a rough duty radio and has no problem.

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #22  
The $20 adapter from KUBOTA RADIO - KUBOTA RADIO HARNESS is all you need.

I got a cheaper one but spent a while figuring the pinout. Splice that into the adapter that comes with a standard DIN radio. The pinout for the Grand Ls is the same as the UTVs. There are a few posts here on TBN referencing the pinouts for the Kubita UTVs.

I have some cheap Kenwood that works fine except has a dim display.

I pulled my roof as I was doing some other lighting work & hid the cable for the mic for Bluetooth (which I never use as the cab is a bit noisy). You could do it without pulling the roof though.

The roof is half the bolts covered by the plastic plugs in the head liner. I forget which ones offhand. The roof can then be slid or lifted off. A bit rough for 1 person to lift from a ladder, but not to bad.

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #23  
if you get the correct adapter there's no soldering. Plug the head in, fasten it and enjoy. Been described here about 6 times so far. I didn't see 5030's incorrect info because he's a longtime resident of my ignore list.
I just retired from a Kubota/NH dealership so I'm not guessing about this topic. I oversaw assembly and PDI of new equipment. A radio install takes less than 10 minutes for an experienced person. Having the correct adapter harness simplifies the process immensely.
and you are on mine...tit for tat... Glad you retired, I sure would never want you touching my tractors.

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #24  
and you are on mine...tit for tat... Glad you retired, I sure would never want you touching my tractors.
Sure was nice around here when you were gone for a month. :poop: :)

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #25  
The cab of my Grand L is too noisy to listen to good music when mowing. Talk radio maybe, with the volume cranked up. The salesman says that is why they don't sell many tractor radios. Personally, I think it's the $700 Kubota charges that limits the sales.

I must be doing something wrong. Is there a trick to quieting the cab so a radio is useful? I do use earphones sometimes when I'm not listening for the sounds of mechanical trouble.

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #26  
The cab of my Grand L is too noisy to listen to good music when mowing. Talk radio maybe, with the volume cranked up. The salesman says that is why they don't sell many tractor radios. Personally, I think it's the $700 Kubota charges that limits the sales.

I must be doing something wrong. Is there a trick to quieting the cab so a radio is useful? I do use earphones sometimes when I'm not listening for the sounds of mechanical trouble.

I made the mistake of ordering my L4060 with the OEM radio because at the time I assumed speakers, wiring, and antenna were not present unless the radio was installed.
I recently upgraded the speakers to higher watt standard size speakers, and the improvement is dramatic. I would have to overdrive the OEM speakers to hear music well in the cab. The upgraded speakers sound much better at a lower volume level.

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #27  

Best post so far. Don't spend money on the radio or kit as you will be disappointed with the sound quality. Buy quality noise cancelling headphones or ear buds and you will enjoy music, football, etc. much more in your tractor and have a portable solution going forward.

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #28  
I'm getting ready to trade my L6060. The radio has kept sliding back - one time dropping completely out. I raised the front of the cab roof to access the radio (removing only the interior bolts allows lifting the front high enough for access. Kubota has a strap to which a support bolt on the radio housing of my REI heavy duty radio bolts. The dealer did not raise the roof and do this so I had problems for the 5 years I've owned the tractor. Yesterday I installed a washer and nut on this strap (it comes fitted with a rubber grommet for vibration insulation) so problem solved - but this is in getting the tractor ready to be picked up by the dealer when my new tractor is delivered. Confirmed their installation was using the Kubota adapter harness to connect to the REI radio installed by the dealer, plug in the antenna, and go. Not sure why the dealer used a REI radio for this installation as they installed a Jensen radio in the mid-size ag tractor I purchased from them 6 months later. My new tractor will not have a radio. My new hearing aids stream through Bluetooth so my connection will be power to my phone.

/ What is needed to add stereo to Grand L cab? #30  
We used to have an open station IH 444 then went to a cabbed tractor (with crappy radio or was it the speakers problem??), now back to open station IH 1066.

Throughout this entire process, I've always used in-ear monitors plugged into my Ipod so I can bring as much variety as I care to...(no radio though of course)

Then I wear some muffling over-ear muffs to tone all the noise down and it's been fantastic. I can't comprehend 'not' using the IEM's with over-ear protection on. The IEM's alone will attenuate much of the outside noise, add the over-ear muffs and it changes your world.

Since I put the Ipod in my pocket, connecting wire under my shirt, it's not dangling around trying to get caught on things and I can move around freely.

I don't know how loud all these tractors are. The 1066 with straight pipe can make some noise when you're at PTO speeds cutting a field so the extra quiet of all the stuff plugged into the ears is very nice.

Sounds (Ha, no pun intended) that you've gotten it figured out so I'm just adding my comments for a casual reader who's wondering about their options.

Years ago, I had a pair of noise cancelling ear muffs that would however, let the voice frequency through (so I could literally hear my wife BETTER with them on while engine is running than with them off.....she never understood that and it always irked her that I'd leave them on while talking to her heh)

Anyway, they finally blew up and were several hundred to replace and that's when I went to the IEM + over ear as the over-ear muffs aren't expensive at all.