What is wrong with this idea

/ What is wrong with this idea #61  
How do you guys change the color of previous postings you want to include in a reply ?

/ What is wrong with this idea #62  
Charlie: <font color=red>Why is it, then, that Bubenberg, chronologically our peer, still holds that the only definition of success is biting off more than he can chew -- and then chewing it.</font color=red>

How might that square with his advise on more than one occassion to "take small bites" I wonder? Or is this one of those "do as I say, not as I do" sitchiations?

/ What is wrong with this idea
i see we have way too much time on our hands ... may you have to do another few comparison studies at the office, while we are enjoying the clean, cool air here in the Northeast.

on the more serious side for the not revealed mulch project, here are some contacts i made: i am talking to ABC Groff

http://www.abcgroff.com

and hope to visit them next week, to see the concrete type applicator. looking at the price for an 18 cubic feet bucket at pt, i am also investigating the possibility to make a Cadplans
bucket.

http://www.cadplans.com/index.htm

John at Metkits (see under above address) is calling me back this PM with some pricing info.

have a nice Sunday

hrl

/ What is wrong with this idea
<font color=green> dont tell him </font color=green>

<font color=red> he get's way too smart for me, too fast </font color=red>

<font color=blue> please go to FAQ ... and you will get all the info you need </font color=blue>

hrl

/ What is wrong with this idea #65  
<font color=blue>when you increase the volume of the trans - you produce more torque - Right</font color=blue>

I think that volume relates to speed (and horsepower) while pressure relates to torque.

/ What is wrong with this idea #66  
Ed,

To change the color of text, do this: [color] text you want to enter [/color]. Click on the
FAQ link at the top of this page for more cool stuff you can do.

/ What is wrong with this idea #67  
Ed,

You are right about more torque with a two speed motor. The lower setting provides more torque and less speed per volume of oil, while the upper setting is more speed less torque. It's the volume of oil per motor revolution. A larger volume, the greater the surface area the hydraulic pressure acts upon, the more torque developed. Think of it as two different diameter hydraulic cylinders with the same stroke length. A smaller dia. cyl. will stroke much faster per volume of oil, but produce less force. A larger cyl. will stroke slower per volume of oil, but produce greater force.

Ed, ask PT to give you the max. output torque (in-lbs) per lb vehicle weight for the 425, 1430 and the 1845. They should be able to do this pretty easily, and they would not have to worry about giving out business sensitive component information. My concern for you is that although the larger units put out more wheel torque, it will not help your hill climbing ability due to the increased vehicle weights. It's like lifting weights, a 150 lb person does not have to lift as much as a 200 person to actually be stronger on a body lb per lb basis.

Good luck, wish I could help more

Duane

/ What is wrong with this idea #68  
<font color=red>looking at the price for an 18 cubic feet bucket at pt, i am also investigating the possibility to make a Cadplans
bucket</font color=red>
After you do all that looking, in two weeks from today, come down, bring the log to be sliced, and look at the bucket sitting here ready to be adapted to the mulch project -- with fiscal ingredient FREE

/ What is wrong with this idea #70  
<font color=blue>You are right about more torque with a two speed motor. The lower setting provides more torque and less speed per volume of oil, while the upper setting is more speed less torque.</font color=blue>
It is correct that the low speed on a two speed hydralic motor will produce more torque than the high speed--assuming the same pump.

However, this does not necessarily mean that a two speed moter will have more torque than a single speed motor. This will only be true if the two speed motor is selected to give this result. Alternatively, the two speed motor could be selected to give a higher top speed in the high setting than the single speed motor.