What kind of vintage car do you wish you had?

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #101  

I want mine in another body style that is about 1,000-lbs lighter.

MVC-882F.JPG

340 Wedge - Six Pack
MVC-881F.JPG

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #102  
Seems to be a common theme here, the classic most people want is one that they've already had, and I'm no different. I want my 1999 Trans Am back. I was born in '85 and had wet dreams about this car when it came out in '93. The one with the ram-air hood only; I didn't care for the base model firebird. I never wanted a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or even a corvette. This car spoke to me on a primal level, and when I got my signing bonus from the Navy I made those wet dreams a reality.

29594890002_large.jpg

I never should have sold it. I sold it under the pretense of being a responsible adult (newly a father) and that was a mistake as it made me resentful of being responsible.

I know that's not what was meant by "vintage" although 1999 is technically old enough for "antique vehicle" license plates in TX, so here's my 2nd pick, something I've never had, a 1970 International Travelette:

rare-1970-international-harvester-travelette-1200-4x4-34-ton-shortbox-4.jpg

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #103  
I know that's not what was meant by "vintage" although 1999 is technically old enough for "antique vehicle" license plates in TX, so here's my 2nd pick, something I've never had, a 1970 International Travelette:

View attachment 693516
I had one of those in the late 70s, same color though mine was a 2-door. 304 (?) V8. Now that was a truck. Of course it rode worse than my tractor, had a top speed of about 50 and was a total rustbucket but it could haul!! 1st gear/lo range you could pull stumps with it.

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #104  
A guy I worked with had the similar IH Travelall. (Like a Suburban but slightly bigger). During the gas crisis of the '80's he said 'I could solve the gas shortage and the smog problem all at once if I retired this!'

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #105  
A 1937 Cord 812 Supercharged

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #106  
M
A guy I worked with had the similar IH Travelall. (Like a Suburban but slightly bigger). During the gas crisis of the '80's he said 'I could solve the gas shortage and the smog problem all at once if I retired this!'
My Scout Master in Boy Scouts had a 69-75 model Travelall. It was pretty cool. They are smaller than a Suburban, though. ;)

"For 1969 production, International released the fourth-generation Travelall alongside the redesigned D-series pickups. Sized roughly between the Jeep Wagoneer and the Chevrolet/GMC Suburban, the Travelall was marketed as a truck-based station wagon."

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #107  
A Fiat S76. 28.5 liter 4 cylinder. Chain drive. 300 hp, 2000 ft/lbs of torque. 132 mph top end (not bad for a 1910 vintage)

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #108  
I rode about 10 miles on a seriously washboarded desert gravel road in an IH pickup just like the one pictured. I think it came from the factory with no springs, but just a rigid suspension. :(

Bruce

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #110  
I rode about 10 miles on a seriously washboarded desert gravel road in an IH pickup just like the one pictured. I think it came from the factory with no springs, but just a rigid suspension. :(

Bruce
That's what trucks were like back then. I had an '87 GMC "heavy half" that was the same way. Fun to drive, but it rode like an 8N Ford. It got so that my dog wouldn't even ride in it. Yet my Colorado has a heavier payload, better towing capacity, rides better, and gets around in the woods a lot easier.