Why are hoses hard to connect???

/ Why are hoses hard to connect??? #61  
Most all the previous suggestions are good and valid. I used to have the same issues until I bought some replacement couplers from Summit Hydraulics ( ). Their 10,000 PSI HIGH PRESSURE QUICK COUPLERS are precision-made, relatively inexpensive, require zero tools, and are easy to connect and disconnect using only these 80-year-plus hands.

They use a fine-pitch thread to lever open the check valves inside the couplers.

Get them and you will be happy!
Are these the QD under pressure, that you are using? QD under pressure

/ Why are hoses hard to connect??? #62  
Back, Back, Back, Whoo there BackRoad...where were you when I needed you! :)

NICE work! They look like they should work great!

/ Why are hoses hard to connect??? #63  
The Monster Grapple has right angle flat face connectors that are difficult to push together after I remove the grapple for storage.

So I bought a heavy duty Quick-Grip to leave in the V417:

irwin hd.JPG

Lined up straight:
P7220005.JPG

Pushed together, easy-peasy:
P7220003.JPG

Mucho gooder!

/ Why are hoses hard to connect??? #64  
I solved the problem for me last week.
I absolutely could not get one of the connectors for the grapple to budge.
It took me 30 minutes but steps 3 and 4 solved it.

1st Try
Lowering the FEL and the backhoe to the ground.
Shut off the engine:
Jogged both joysticks to completely relax the FEL and the backhoe bucket.

No luck-

2nd Try

Jogged both joysticks and saw some minor movement of the buckets

No luck-

I decided that the compressed position of the implements was the culprit.

3rd Try
I restarted the engine and stretched out the bucket and FEL to extend the arms
Turned off the engine and toggled both joysticks to completely relax the buckets

No luck-

4th Try
Extended the stabilizers

And just like that, a five-year-old could have made the final connection

/ Why are hoses hard to connect??? #65  
I've had this problem and believe that it was because of pressure in the grapple hoses, not the hoses attached to the tractor. I don't have any stabilizers on my tractor. Those clamps look nice but I only have this problem a couple times a year and $85 is a little more than this cheapskate wants to pay.

/ Why are hoses hard to connect??? #66  
I've had this problem and believe that it was because of pressure in the grapple hoses, not the hoses attached to the tractor. I don't have any stabilizers on my tractor. Those clamps look nice but I only have this problem a couple times a year and $85 is a little more than this cheapskate wants to pay.
What "stabilizers" are you guys talking about ? Stabilizers on what for what? Are they hydraulic I assume ? You talking a backhoe maybe?

/ Why are hoses hard to connect??? #67  
What "stabilizers" are you guys talking about ? Stabilizers on what for what? Are they hydraulic I assume ? You talking a backhoe maybe?
Yes, stabilzing legs on backhoe. That was the last piece that I 'relaxed' for lack of a better term that expanded all the places oil could go. Towards the end, I also extended the bucket arms and backhoe arm as far they would go before settling them down on the ground. After shutting off the engine, I then moved the joysticks slowly in every direction until I saw no movement of either bucket. Hope this helps.