Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d?

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #51  
I had a chance to look at a 5080D.
At some point, it's a budget tractor. But in many points they are different from other budget tractors.
No other tractor that I searched had real 4 wheel brakes.
The front axle itself is immense.
Radial tires at a decent size and no cutting wheels at the front.
The cab layout is acceptable, smooth shifting gears.
Tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
All widows open, even the windshield.
Sun roof with shade and also to open.
The cab version is listed at 3.2 metric tons, which comes is at around 7200 pounds. If weight is a must, thats an advantage.
Adjustable wheel positions.

Now a few down sides:
Mechanical shuttle.
The loader joystick could be more integrated. But a loader is not such a substantial equipment in Europe. That's why it looks like an add on.
No extendable lower links.
No 3 pt control at the back, not even as an option.

We are making a few changes at our place. That includes the tractor. The 6430 Premium may have to go and the 5080D is the only replacement that I'd consider at the moment.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #53  
There is very poor dealer penetration across the nation. Only a nut would buy a tractor sold only by a dealer that was three states away.
I would say that depends on the dealer and the individual. Many people are comfortable doing any repair that may be necessary.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #54  
There is very poor dealer penetration across the nation. Only a nut would buy a tractor sold only by a dealer that was three states away.
I would say that depends on the dealer and the individual. Many people are comfortable doing any repair that may be necessary.

Put me down as that sort of a nut. Some of my favorite tractors are not serviced by any dealer at all. We are separated by geography and by decades.

As this nut views tractors, most of the parts on tractors are so similar in design and so reliable that the tractor can be successfully maintained by anyone with the bare minimum in mechanical ability.

The parts of modern tractors that are more complex are also beyond the ability of anyone working twisting wrenches for a local dealer. So an owner knows that he will have to study up and do any of that work himself.
Luckily, while designing and manufacturing tractors is difficult - simply maintaining and repairing them is not.
rScotty

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #55  
I had a chance to look at a 5080D.
At some point, it's a budget tractor. But in many points they are different from other budget tractors.
No other tractor that I searched had real 4 wheel brakes.
The front axle itself is immense.
Radial tires at a decent size and no cutting wheels at the front.
The cab layout is acceptable, smooth shifting gears.
Tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
All widows open, even the windshield.
Sun roof with shade and also to open.
The cab version is listed at 3.2 metric tons, which comes is at around 7200 pounds. If weight is a must, thats an advantage.
Adjustable wheel positions.

Now a few down sides:
Mechanical shuttle.
The loader joystick could be more integrated. But a loader is not such a substantial equipment in Europe. That's why it looks like an add on.
No extendable lower links.
No 3 pt control at the back, not even as an option.

We are making a few changes at our place. That includes the tractor. The 6430 Premium may have to go and the 5080D is the only replacement that I'd consider at the moment.

On that list, the one that bothers me a little would are the mechanical shuttle - don't they have an electric/hydraulic option? It's only a little motion, but I sure prefer the hydraulic type. Not a deal killer, but a pain.

The lack of extendable lower arms & no 3 pt control would be deal killers for me.
As would thread-adjustable side links and chain sway preventers if it had those as well.

I grew up with that type of 3pt, but today all of those things are only on the cheapest tractors. They work OK, but the alternatives are better.

Anything can be changed.
rScotty

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #56  
No option for the shuttle. Except you go up to a bigger series.
It has the turn buckle style stabilizers. I personally prefer that style over a pin system.
I'm not changing attachments every day or multiple times a day. The non extendable links should not be a problem for me.

To the previous posters regarding dealer network. Yes there aren't many. But the closest dealer to me is as close as any other major brand. They are all within 5 miles along one road.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #57  
No option for the shuttle. Except you go up to a bigger series.
It has the turn buckle style stabilizers. I personally prefer that style over a pin system.
I'm not changing attachments every day or multiple times a day. The non extendable links should not be a problem for me.

To the previous posters regarding dealer network. Yes there aren't many. But the closest dealer to me is as close as any other major brand. They are all within 5 miles along one road.

Ok. I change 3pt implements often and a little refinement in the 3pt makes a big difference to me.

As I said, I was perfectly happy with manual range and shuttle shifting and manual 3pts - until I discovered that better ways existed.

But the manual ways have the advantage of simplicity.
That's important to a nut.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #60  
3 hours would be too much. In less than an hour I could get to any major dealer.
And I thought we live in a remote area.