Wider front tires M7040 Kubota

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #31  
The tires size are 360-70 R20 and the comb of 2 tires and two custom rims made by Titan was $1612 plus freight of $125. The tire I think is a BTX radial and have very deep lugs. Rims are perfect fit and top quality welds paint.

Miller was great to deal with!

The tire part of that is probably $1,000 so we could knock the price down if we could figure out who makes the 20" wheel for K u b o ta. The tire you bought is a popular one so there must be wheels around, including used ones. The bolt pattern we use is the standard 8 holes on an 8' bolt circle with a 6" center hole. You can also buy the 9.5 x 24 in a radial so that, while not as wide, surely does float better.

I have radials on other things and they are most useful for increased pulling power in tillage situations. It's dramatic if you can get the power to the ground with increased weight. Lesser compaction is a benefit in an ag situation or driving over septic systems. They will still mash lawn grass about as well as a bias tire.

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #32  
The tires size are 360-70 R20 and the comb of 2 tires and two custom rims made by Titan was $1612 plus freight of $125. The tire I think is a BTX radial and have very deep lugs. Rims are perfect fit and top quality welds paint.

Miller was great to deal with!

Ken, those tires were BKT? Made in India, the Goodyear of that country. I had that pattern on rears on an older CIH and my did they work nicely. BKT seems to provide very good quality for below average prices.
I would love wider tires on my L5740; R4 fronts rip up the lawn with a loader.

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #33  
Spoiler alert...the video that Messicks posted about the 2019 Kubota dealer show with the new M4 Kubota shows a tractor with wide front radial tires. That M4 is supposed to be an upgraded M7060 and the show was for US dealers so I'm thinking Kubota figured it out and will offer a US radial wide tire option. That means we will-might-should be able to get the 20" diameter wheels and upgrade our M7040's and M7060's.

The magic happens at around 3:20 in this clip.
Kubota 219 New Products | Orlando Dealer Meeting - YouTube

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota
When I purchased my third party rims you could have purchased the wider Kubota rims and tires from a dealer in Canada. The cost in US dollars at the time was $2300 about $600 more.

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #35  
When I purchased my third party rims you could have purchased the wider Kubota rims and tires from a dealer in Canada. The cost in US dollars at the time was $2300 about $600 more.

What is your assessment now after owning them for a while?
Have you ever posted and pics?

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #36  
I ordered my tractor with cast tears and radials. It was a $1600 upcharge. I really like them. Traction is great and floatation on soft ground is awesome. IMG_2151.JPG

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #37  
I also got the cast rears and radials on the M7060 I purchased last Spring.

I am very pleased with them. We use our tractors to cut the grass around the cabin. I think the wider tires are less likely to damage the yard.

They also seem to be very stable in the fields. It is a win all the way around.

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #38  
I can't think of any negative to wider tires.

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #39  
Just purchased my 2nd set of 11.2x24s,been running since new 2012. To much running the highways and one wouldn’t stay up,they was around $250pc.,radials 3 times the cost. Tractor has 1400hrs
2B3F2A5E-7C48-407E-BB56-492E8746107D.png

/ Wider front tires M7040 Kubota #40  
First post here. Thanks for all the info gentlemen! I just swapped my industrial R4 14.7-17.5l fronts and 16.9-24 rears over to 360/70r20 with new custom wheels and 16.9-30 rears with new center disc and wheel. Purchased at e.d.Miller Wauseon, OH. Mr. Ed is a pleasure to work with, he has done this several times. Tires are BKT Agri Max RT765 8ply 5500lb load capacity, much better than any R1 9.5-24. Cost mounted and ready to go on your tractor was $1843 for 2/fronts plus freight. I'll post pics once I get them mounted. Ratio works out to about a 2.2% lead on the front going straight. Hope this sums up all the necessary info for anyone thinking about doing this. I had to gather data from several posts to come to this point. Thanks to Kenbike, foremanEtexas, Ovrszd and others that contributed!