Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode"

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #21  
He also mentioned that if it was his and he was going to keep it he'd delete the dpf system.
Right after warranty expires......

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #22  
I've got the same tractor with the same problem. Took it to the dealer two days ago and it wouldn't even go into a forced regen. They said it is most likely the injectors for the burner. They get fuel from a return line after the injectors for the engine. If the little fuel filter on the left side of the motor starts clogging it may still run fine but won't supply the emissions injectors causing them to fail. He also said to check the air pump because if it stops the injectors overheat and fail. The two injectors in the burner are $2800.
I was texting with your Dad on this I believe. I misunderstood when he said the injectors needed to be replaced. So they think the emissions injectors have failed? They should be able to test them and I would also think they are rebuildable.

I suggest starting a new thread with as much information you can provide about the symptoms. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on this thread.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #23  
I was texting with your Dad on this I believe. I misunderstood when he said the injectors needed to be replaced. So they think the emissions injectors have failed? They should be able to test them and I would also think they are rebuildable.

I suggest starting a new thread with as much information you can provide about the symptoms. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on this thread.
It's doing exactly the same thing mentioned in the first post on this thread. The service tech said they could test the injectors and glow plug but it would be about $300 labor to get it taken apart. I'll tear into it myself and see what I can find out. My labor doesn't usually cost me as much.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #24  
It's doing exactly the same thing mentioned in the first post on this thread. The service tech said they could test the injectors and glow plug but it would be about $300 labor to get it taken apart. I'll tear into it myself and see what I can find out. My labor doesn't usually cost me as much.

Ok, well if you need any help I will do what I can. Have your dad give you my number if you need anything. Good luck.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #25  
I dont think you can simply delete DPF on an ECM controlled motor. That is the downside of not having mechanical injection

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #26  
Ditto on the exact same issues with my 2016 NH workmaster 33. Won't go above 1800 RPM. It acts like it goes through the burn cycle but no smell and no change. Took filter out and cleaned it. Looked like another ceramic filter at the back of the housing. Couldn't figure out how to remove that one for cleaning. Removed what I could soaked in bucket and degreaser. Got a bunch of black sludge to run out when cleaned with water pressure.
No change. Thinking of buying the Chinese code reader but want to see if anyone has used it with success.
Was quoted by local dealer to clean filter for $1300. Robbery level costs.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #27  
Ditto on the exact same issues with my 2016 NH workmaster 33. Won't go above 1800 RPM. It acts like it goes through the burn cycle but no smell and no change. Took filter out and cleaned it. Looked like another ceramic filter at the back of the housing. Couldn't figure out how to remove that one for cleaning. Removed what I could soaked in bucket and degreaser. Got a bunch of black sludge to run out when cleaned with water pressure.
No change. Thinking of buying the Chinese code reader but want to see if anyone has used it with success.
I gave up on the code reader/computer software after messaging a couple that have this tractor listed as compatible but they said it will not communicate with the Shibaura engine. If you find one that does work I'm sure several would be interested.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #28  
He also mentioned that if it was his and he was going to keep it he'd delete the dpf system.
Yep.. i was headed that way i believe. I had 183 hrs on mine. To clean the dpf- $1000, if it was an injector-$2500, if dpf replaced-$6000. I’ve ran diesel trucks for 15 yrs and deleted them though this is different, i researched with diesel mechanics IF it could be done (delete) and I dont believe it can because there is no tune that im aware of that would allow your ecm to operate. But overall.. deleting would be the fix. From all i’ve read and spoke with tractor mechanics, they dont get hot enough to regen well. Especially in the winter. At least the workmaster didnt. The bobcat tractors use a doc which works a little different. That sucks hope you get it figured out. I sold mine and bought a tc35… no issues.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #29  
Im not sure if the wm has has it, but some have a little plug in the exhaust pipe after it comes off the engine, you remove the plug and let the engine crank and it cleans alot of soot out. The branson tractors have it i think but not sure on the wm.. worth checking. Maybe someone with more expertise can advise.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #30  
Our WorkMaster 33 went further than safe mode. It would only run 30 seconds and shut off. Using the method of starting the engine and immediately pushing the inhibit regen toggle for 2 seconds and then pushing the toggle to force regen until both regen indicator lights illuminated, it would run about 20 minutes. My neighbor works for a large construction company. His shop mechanic says, while tractor is still operating normally, gut the DPF with a wood paddle bit and reinstall. Then no more regen and no more problem.