Yanmar red paint code

/ Yanmar red paint code #1  

GeoffDeering

Tractor
Yanmar f17d
I intend to paint the hood and engine cover of my F17D, also a few touch ups elsewhere. Most of it doesn't need repainting, a good cut polish will suffice. I shall use car type paint, the acrylic enamel that uses a hardener.

My question is, is there a manufacturers code number that I can ask for that is a good match? It doesn't seem likely that I will be able to get Yanmar red as such, but quite likely that a particular red from a make and year of car would be correct.

As various members have repainted their tractors I am hoping that this is a frequently asked question.

Thanks for any advice here,

Geoff

/ Yanmar red paint code #2  
Geoff,

I am not aware of the correct Yanmar factory paint code. It has been my experience that factory batch paints vary slightly anyway....plus air pressure, viscosity and catalyst further change the color.

A small (good clean) panel from your tractor can be color matched - electronically scanned at your automotive paint store, like DuPont or PPG. Almost always, the results are excellent. Good Luck.

Mark

/ Yanmar red paint code #3  
I used Ford Ranger Red when I repainted mine, it wasn't that close, but since I did all the sheetmetal it didn't matter, and it'll be easy to buy touch up paint later. Another Yanny owner did his in massy red.........

/ Yanmar red paint code #4  
There is no factory paint code for Yanmars, at least, available outside Japan; however, most guys remove the panel under the dash and take it to be scanned. It is usually like new, easily removed and easily scanned.

/ Yanmar red paint code
Thanks for the input guys,

Looks like the best thing to do is get a panel colour matched at a good pro store, then.

Cheers

Geoff

/ Yanmar red paint code #6  
GeoffDeering:

The last time I checked you could still get Yanmar red from a supported Yanmar dealer witch in turn comes from Martin diesel who is Yanmars parts supply here in the good ol’ USA. But, you will pay through the nose for it……..

/ Yanmar red paint code #7  
Whiskey, didn't you use Massey F red on yours?

/ Yanmar red paint code #8  
Jagmandave:

Yep, sure did. Massey red from Tractor supply store

/ Yanmar red paint code #9  
Whisky,

How did that paint work out for you? Any problems? How has it help up since you painted it? Just curious.

Mark

/ Yanmar red paint code #10  
Mark:

The paint is like a coat of armor, I'm am inpressed.

Had the rear wheels sunk up to the axels in mud a while back and thought for sure I would scuff up the white paint on the rims spinning the tires.......not a mark! A couple of light branches have rubbed down the side of the hood while hoggin'.....not a mark from that either.

Whipes down with water and shines like it was painted yesterday!!!!

I'm tossin' around painting my truck......maybe a little over my head.....still thinking about it.