Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,751  
I honestly don't know if my gen charges the battery when it's running. One would ass-ume so.
But I don't care, I put my smart charger on it at least three times a year and make sure it's fully charged, desulphated, etc.
Smart chargers are the best; that little black box can't have one quarter the brains my Nuco charger has.

Older lady friend bought a dual fuel gen like mine, I think a Wen, on my recommendation and my house present next time is a
little 1amp Nuco genius charger. She can't hand start that big engine, no way. That battery has to work.
You mean NOCO. I have several and they’re very good, except unfortunately when the temperatures fall below-20C.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,752  
yes, bad spelling Robin, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1108 (1).JPG
    IMG_1108 (1).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
   / Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,754  
I just sold my diesel generator. Nice rig, but way too big and never would start when I need it. Of course as soon as I listed it, I went out to try and see if it would crank. With little hope, I turned the key and Whoom!, started right up. Now if it was raining, cold and the power out, it would never start.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,756  
I honestly don't know if my gen charges the battery when it's running. One would ass-ume so.
But I don't care, I put my smart charger on it at least three times a year and make sure it's fully charged, desulphated, etc.
Smart chargers are the best; that little black box can't have one quarter the brains my Nuco charger has.

Older lady friend bought a dual fuel gen like mine, I think a Wen, on my recommendation and my house present next time is a
little 1amp Nuco genius charger. She can't hand start that big engine, no way. That battery has to work.
Drew, mine came with a battery charger, so yours (which is the same as mine) should have one as well.

Last edited:
   / Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,757  
Now if it was raining, cold and the power out, it would never start.
One thing we can count on..... Murph !

I have a soft spot (maybe in my head :cool:) for big high compression engines (even gas)..... but yeah, there is pretty much zero room for decline in to-spec performance of the starting system....

Esp. today, I expect you got good $ for that dzl (y).

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,758  
Diesel engines have their own unique characteristics, way more than stupid gas engines. 😬 Maybe even Sorta like Harley engines? Once you figure out how that particular diesel starts/runs they’re awesome…but that’s the challenge.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,759  
Drew, mine came with a battery charger, so yours (which is the same as mine) should have one as well.
yes, little black box dumb charger, plugs in socket on front panel.
I just prefer using the smart charger

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,760  
yes, little black box dumb charger, plugs in socket on front panel.
I just prefer using the smart charger
Well, I didn’t know it was a “dumb“ charger, meaning that it could possibly overcharge the battery? let’s check out what the owners manual says, and then if needed I will use one of my smart chargers.