Bobcat CT225 4.90 star(s) (13)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Bobcat CT225.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761414.jpg

About the Bobcat CT225

Bobcat CT225 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent CT225 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (13)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Bobcat CT225 Subcompact Tractor
92 %
8 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
Psycho Kevie

CT225 Bobcat
Bobcat CT 225
Model Year: 2009

Nice fit and finish. Controls are convenient. Tractor is slightly underpowered for the weight. I was considering a Kubota B2620, but Bobcat's promotion made this a no-brainer. I'm really pleased and wouldn't trade even up for the Kubota now. I had the oil cooler leaking problem, dealer took care of it. Grade A Great Hydraulic system.

Pros: Convenient controls, comfortable seat, nice fit and finish.
Cons: Only 27 hp in a 3000# tracto

5.00 star(s)
MESSMAKER

CT225 Bobcat
ct225
Model Year: 0

I like the tractor. It is very comfortable and things are located in the right place. Lots of thoughtful touches. It is a bit underpowered. I cannot understand why you offer a 27 and a 30 hp tractor on the same frame I suspect the 235 is about right for that series. No problems so far. Bobcat does charge a premium price for parts and supplies.

Pros: fit and finish,comfort,really handy size
Cons: needs more hp

5.00 star(s)
mo1946

CT225 Bobcat
Loader Mount
Model Year: 2009

Be sure to check loader mount bolts they work loose.

Pros: Overall very good.
Cons: Loader mount bolts/the darn location of ignition switch.

5.00 star(s)
krtruck

CT225 Bobcat
Rock Solid
Model Year: 2008

This is my first tractor, and it has exceeded my expectations, purchased fully loaded from local dealer. It came with a loader, suspension seat, rear hydrolics, rear and mid PTO, and 4 wheel assist. extras I purchased are a ballast box, 3pt. hitch, and a 4'bush hog.

Pros: High loader lift capacity, strong heavy construction.
Cons: Not enough PTO HP to run a 5' bush hog (tractor 5' wide).

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
TConstruction

CT225 Bobcat
Bobcat CT-225
Model Year: 2011

Hi guys---new guy, so go easy on me. I bought the CT225 to work on some projects around my property. Land clearing for a new Morton Pole Building, retaining walls, plowing the long sloped driveway, running electrical service, etc. I haven't been dissapointed in any aspect of the machine so far. In all honesty, the majority of the " heavy lifting" (moving 6-18 wheeler loads of fill) was done by a CAT 428, but the Bobcat did all the finish work. The quick attach is a great feature. I purchased a blank plate, and modified an old snow plow blade so I can switch between the bucket and plow in a short time. Overall a great machine so far!

Pros: Small turning radius. Quick attach.
Cons: Parts are expensive, and hard to find outside of Bobcat.

5.00 star(s)
dmmcguire

CT225 Bobcat
Bobcat CT225 w/ FEL and 6' Bobcat Box Scraper
Model Year: 2013

First tractor I've owned but have experience with others. This tractor has suited my needs perfectly. Very comfortable and easy to maneuver. Could have used a little more HP but adequate. Motor really noisy (diesel knock), comparably more than others but since it's HST, I just set 1800-2000 RPM where it's smooth and happy and forget it. Transmission range shifting is a little sticky but linkage lubrication seemed to help. So far, very happy with the tractor. The first 45 hours have been hard tough hours, really stressing it out but no problems other than spool valve adjustment needed on FEL bucket "float" mode. Dealer no help, fixed it myself.

Pros: Well built, tough but comfortable and easy maneuver.
Cons: Noisy engine, sticky shifting.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

CT225 Bobcat
Nice Tractor

I have used this tractor for some land clearing and plowing snow. The only issue I have had so far is the loader bolts came loose. Very comfortable and easy to operate. I would recommend this unit to anyone. It does everything I ask of it. I have a 5' brush hog that I cleared a lot of trails with it worked great.

Pros: Great handling. Works well in tight places.
Cons: Loader bolts came loose.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

CT225 Bobcat
Real Good Machine

This is my first tractor. I have run skid loaders up to now. I am real happy with the quality and ease of use so far. This unit has done everything I have asked it to do. I have a 5' brush mower it seems to handle it just fine. I have moved a lot of snow with the loader a little slower than a skid loader but works just fine. High range is just for flat roads. I can do most everything I need to do in medium range.Overall a great machine so far.

Pros: Real easy to run this machine.
Cons: I have nothing to complain about at this point.

5.00 star(s)
miketerrace

CT225 Bobcat
Great First Tractor

When I bought this tractor, the pitch was that this had all that I would need and more. It has been excellent for dragging trees out of bush and plowing snow. I plan to purchase rototiller this spring for new garden. Love ease of operation and layout. I have my 11 yr old daughter able to plow snow...

Pros: Design and ease of operation.
Cons: Stock bucket might be a bit small for snow.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
tman1020

CT225 Bobcat
New Bobcat CT 225 Review
Model Year: 2012

Well haven't even put five hours on the new Bobcat CT 225 yet. Seems like an incredibly well-built machine I am very surprised how beefy it is everywhere I look. This tractor is replacing a 1983 Yanmar 1702. The Yanmar has been a great tractor has done everything I've ever asked always been very impressed with how heavy duty it is and how well it is performed without complaint so the Bobcat has big shoes to fill. So far I have noticed that the Bobcat is much larger, taller, mostly a little wider and does not have as good of a turning radius but I don't think that's going to be much of an issue with the hydro-stat backing up is a breeze and very easy to do it quickly. I have not filled the tires yet but so far have not had any problems with traction whatsoever or stability. I have only lifted snow though. So far I'm sure it will be a different story when I start lifting heavy bucketfulls of dirt. I have added the Bobcat factory cab it makes it very nice for wintertime use however was surprised that it was noisier with the cab inside looking into doing some type of insulation in there to minimize that. I did purchase distractor knowing the Bobcat is no longer going to be producing tractors was not very concerned with that after talking with Bobcat and was Kioti about getting parts in the future without any problem. I also checked out John Deere, Mahindra, Kioti, Case, Massy Ferguson, Branson. Could not get any dealer support with any of them except for Kioti John Deere and potentially Mahindra but the dealer was brand new and didn't even have one to look at yet. Also looked at Kubota. I could have purchased any of these that I chose. I felt out of all the tractors the Bobcat was the best. Hard to believe they are no longer going to be making tractors also the price I received was far far less than any of the closest competitors except for Kioti and the specs on the Bobcat and Coyote was much better than all the others Mahindra being the next closest.

Pros: Good solid heavy-duty tractor, easy to use, incredible price.
Cons: Would have preferred two individual hydro-stat pedals instead of heel toe style.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Bobcat CT225 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Bobcat CT225s

Bobcat CT225 Community Rankings

#201 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#291 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#579 user rating of 27027 items overall
#917 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall