Massey Ferguson MF1020 4.70 star(s) (10)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson MF1020.
Under 25 HP Tractors

About the Massey Ferguson MF1020

Massey Ferguson MF1020 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MF1020 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (10)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson MF1020 Subcompact Tractor
70 %
30 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
TugHillDog

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
First One of My Own...
Model Year: 1978

I have life-long experience operating tractors but never owned one before. I had a chance to buy this MF 1020 4WD, with an Allied 195 FEL, small 3pt weight barrel and optional back blade and it has a mid-mount 60" finish mower. The man I bought it from is a maintenance wizard and this machine is in fantastic shape. I have added a 62" Lynx snow blower to it [my neighbors are all pretty excited] and a set of rear tire chains so that I can get those turf tires to actually put the toy back in the garage when it snows.

Pros: Manueverability, function, price and fuel economy.
Cons: A little underpowered at 21 hp/17hp@pto, no live pto.

5.00 star(s)
DaveinCT

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
Great Machine
Model Year: 1991

This machine weighs over 2100 without FEL, which helps maintain traction, and the 3PH is rated at over 1,500lbs. Also, although it is rated at 21HP, the rpms are 2,800, which I consider a positive. I have the hydro version and it is important to operate in the low range while working. The operating station is comfortable and roomy (compared to the Bobcat CT122 I test drove, which I found a little cramped). Overall, the controls are simple and straightforward and works well for a compact tractor.

Pros: Solid build, 3 range hydro.
Cons: Older tractor, so may be difficult finding parts.

5.00 star(s)
masferg1020

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
Great Little Tractor
Model Year: 1992

I traded for the tractor in 1994 and the previous owner purchased it in 1992 with turf tires, woods finishing mower and a 5 ft. scrape blade. The tractor has been very reliable with only having to clean brake assemblies and replacing one axle seal both of which I did myself. Overall, great little tractor.

Pros: Reliable.
Cons: Can't really think of any.

4.00 star(s)
etcremer

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
MF 1020 4wd
Model Year: 1994

I purchased this tractor used and knew not it's history. The only problem I have with it is I cannot find certain trans axle parts. It is less than 20 years old and certain parts are unavailable. I would not buy this model again for this reason I primarily used it for mowing.

Pros: Sturdy.
Cons: Parts available.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
Just a Great Little Tractor
Model Year: 1995

We bought a foreclosure and needed to do some landscaping. I picked this tractor up with front loader and scraper blade with 600 hrs on it. Really haven't had any trouble with it. You just have to realize it isn't a big tractor so it takes more loads to do the same work of a bigger tractor. 5 gallons of fuel lasts a good week of hard work so it is pretty good there.

Pros: Not a whole lot of maintenance.
Cons: Hard to find parts because it was a Japanese made model.

4.00 star(s)
AUT

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson 1020

I have been happy with this tractor for many years. I do not use the tractor much but it usually is able to do what I need. The front end loader is the best feature for my use. I also bush hog using a 60" Bush Hog brand "Squealer".

Pros: Value. Front end loader.
Cons: I wish it had more horsepower, especially when Bush Hogging thick stuff,

5.00 star(s)
rvickks

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
Pleased With This One

This was a one owner trade-in and it called my name as I drove by the first day it was on the lot. Excellent condition, 444 hours and came with the previous owners maintenance record and a 60" Bush Hog finish mower. I added a heater and that solved the.

Pros: Fuel usage, reliability, excellent owners manual, gearing for maximizing hp available.
Cons: Would like it heavier.

5.00 star(s)
shallowcove

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
Great Basic Tractor
Model Year: 1997

This is my first tractor. It is very basic with four wheel drive. I have had a few problems finding parts but overall, it has been great. Steering is a bit heavy since it is not power steering. I do find it is a little light for really heavy loads even with my scraper blade attached. For everyday small lot work like gravel this is great.

Pros: Cheap.
Cons: Light.

4.00 star(s)
joema1014

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
Parts or Hard to Find for a 1020
Model Year: 1985

Other than parts its a find compact tractor.

Pros: Puts a lot food on the table.
Cons: Certain parts hard to find.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF1020 Massey Ferguson
good overall tractor
Model Year: 1987

love the tractor but where can I get front hub parts?

Pros: reliability
Cons: can't get parts

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson MF1020 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson MF1020s

Massey Ferguson MF1020 Community Rankings

#110 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#244 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#2025 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall