Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #461  
when i lived there i was told we sell the logs to the chinese for next to nothin, they make plywood on a factory boat just far enough offshore then sell it back to us.
That rumor has been going on since 2010. Can anyone find any evidence that it's true? Yes, they buy logs, turn them into products, and sell them back to us. I can't, however, find any credible information relating to floating plywood factories located just outside of U.S. territorial waters. Any credible proof would be welcomed.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #462  
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #463  
That rumor has been going on since 2010. Can anyone find any evidence that it's true? Yes, they buy logs, turn them into products, and sell them back to us. I can't, however, find any credible information relating to floating plywood factories located just outside of U.S. territorial waters. Any credible proof would be welcomed.
That DOES happen with fish processing, but VERY UNLIKELY with the manufacture of plywood!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #464  
That DOES happen with fish processing, but VERY UNLIKELY with the manufacture of plywood!
Yes, fish factory ships have been around for a long time, from multiple countries, including the U.S.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #465  
I wood think this would be difficult. :)

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #466  
Buddy got a price for a 16' 2x6 douglas fir board of $27.00 each at the yard the other day. We dropped 5 large pines at his place last weekend and they will be going to our mill today. He will be paying us all the beer we can consume to mill the trees and help him build a woodshed with the boards. He would be getting away cheaper if he just bit the bullet and paid for store bought stuff...........maybe. Trees were leaning over his house but some fancy wedge work and cable hooked to his 1 ton dually landed all the trees in one big happy pile. Carbon credits deserved!

Attachments

• ktr.jpg
    ktr.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 132
  • ktr1.jpg
    ktr1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
Yeah, yeah, milled stuff and all that. I used a bunch of it a few months back. No complaints. But I still wonder about using fresh cut vs. store bought dried stuff.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #469  
This morning I went to the local lumber yard, to buy a replacement 2x6x12 pressure treated board.
I live in Ontario, Canada. OTD cost, including tax 33.02. I just about feel over. Cann,t imagine how much it would cost to build a 2K square foot bungalow these days. Crazy times.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #470  
This morning I went to the local lumber yard, to buy a replacement 2x6x12 pressure treated board.
I live in Ontario, Canada. OTD cost, including tax 33.02. I just about feel over. Cann,t imagine how much it would cost to build a 2K square foot bungalow these days. Crazy times.
2 weeks ago I purchased 13 sheets of 4x8 T-111 plywood at $65 (USD) per sheet.
That would be $86.67 CAD
In 1932, My mother bought my ocean view 11.7 acres, with the now 290 year old house, for the same total price as those 13 sheets of plywood.
I still own the house,..... and now the 13 sheets of plywood as well.:)

Last edited: