Loading issues on Dump Trailer

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #161  
Fair enough. But I don't believe we ever found out what engine/trans/axle ratio the OP has too, right? He might not have the legal towing capacity for the load either. I guess he said "limit to 3 tons". But the trailer probably weighs 3500 lbs itself. Do-able, I suppose.

Oh since I have your attention here, would you consider shortening your signature? Like, put some items side by side instead all vertically? Awesome chainsaw collection, but it makes us all do a lot more scrolling to get down a thread page LOL.

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #162  
Fair enough. But I don't believe we ever found out what engine/trans/axle ratio the OP has too, right? He might not have the legal towing capacity for the load either. I guess he said "limit to 3 tons". But the trailer probably weighs 3500 lbs itself. Do-able, I suppose.

Oh since I have your attention here, would you consider shortening your signature? Like, put some items side by side instead all vertically? Awesome chainsaw collection, but it makes us all do a lot more scrolling to get down a thread page LOL.
No I dont believe he ever gave us detailed specs of his truck, other that his load is within all the pertinent specs like tow rating, GCWR, trailer GVWR, etc etc etc. Good enough for me. You can check all the boxes for towing and be within all the parameters but still have bad load placement. How many times is it advised that people buy LONGER trailer for just this reason.

If the OP were loading his own trailer I think this would be a non issue. Because most people pay attention to their load placement for proper weight distribution. But being at the mercy of someone else loading your trailer, I can understand wanting to take precautions.

It really does amaze me the number of people hauling and towing that have no concept of where the load is placed. The landscape company that my friend owns, and in which I do maintenance on his fleet as a part time gig has several trucks and trailers. 10k and 14k trailers, 2 14k dumps, 2003-2007 vintage F450's, one newer F350, 4 3/4 tons. 90% of the employees just pull whatever equipment on and pull it as far forward as they can without regard to hitch load, load placement, etc.

Just the other day, they had the F450 dump truck loaded with 3 ton of stone. Then hooked to the 18' trailer and pulled the 6000 pound toro dingo on the trailer as far as it could possibly go. It just blows my mind the level of incompetence when it comes to proper loading. Then half the time they just throw a couple of slack chains over the machine and call it good.

Regarding my signature....I cannot even see it on a mobile device. I am sure it needs updated as I have gotten different equipment over the years and no longer have some. But I doubt updating it would result in it being any shorter....lol. But its there for a reason

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #163  
It's 20 lines long, lol. Nice equipment, but we don't really need to see it for every post. Although, I did just see in my own settings that I can turn off viewing people's signatures. Some of them are informative and interesting, but. Meh.

MX5100 DIY Remotes
MX5100 Diverter install
Front Snow Plow Install

Bobcat 334 Mini Excavator
Kubota MX5100HST w/LA844
2016 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
20+5 24k Gooseneck
7x12 Sure trac Dump Trailer
Woods DS96
Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
(4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
Dolmar PS540
Sachs-Dolmar 115i
Sachs-Dolmar 117
Sachs-Dolmar 112

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #164  
It's 20 lines long, lol. Nice equipment, but we don't really need to see it for every post. Although, I did just see in my own settings that I can turn off viewing people's signatures. Some of them are informative and interesting, but. Meh.
How about you do you and I'll do me.

I have had several people reach out and message needing help or information from me regarding something they saw in my signature. So if it has helped even only a single person....its worth it. Your selfish and minor annoyance of my signature is laughable

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #165  
Ok, hot shot. :censored:

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #167  
I got a 6x12 10K dump trailer earlier this year. Due to tow limits of my 1/2-ton truck, I never purchase more than 3 tons of material. When loaded properly, the trailer tows great. But I'd say 80% of the time, the local yards load me with a forward bias, creating too much tongue weight. I picked up three loads today and they were all forward biased, some worse than others.

I installed a W.D.H. to help in these situations, and it does what it is supposed to but won't cure poor loading or too much tongue weight. While pulling onto the scale for my first load this morning, I carefully noted the measurements as each axle went onto the scale, before and after being loaded. While eating lunch I did some math. The trailer has only 300# tongue weight when empty, which matches what I measured with a bathroom scale a couple months ago. When loaded too far forward, tongue weight was 1140#, more than my truck is meant to handle and visually way too much even with a W.D.H. If loaded evenly, it should have been in the 700-800# range.

I'm trying to decide how to deal with this. At this point, my only solution is to carefully raise the trailer bed to shift some of the material rearward, but that is a pain to do and needs careful judgement (not all loads slide the same). I am wondering if I should fab up some sort of sealed chamber at the front of the trailer bed to block off volume so that material cannot physically occupy the front couple feet of the bed (it would have to be angled to force material to flow to the rear). Somehow I need to prevent operators from loading with a forward bias and the only solution I can think of is to eliminate that volume. Any other ideas?
That fully loaded trailer isn’t really a good fit for a 1/2 ton truck

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #168  
dang are they making them out of lead now?
The thing is as big as an average size skidloader. IT is a beast. But was bought to unload pallets of pavers and retaingwall block off trailers and flatbeds. And yes it does it. As well as alot faster on bigger dirt jobs than the ditchwitch 750 (a "normal" sized dingo). But it doesnt have the finesse the smaller one has. They each have their place

https://compactequip.com/features/i...os-dingo-txl-200-towers-over-the-competition/ Good pic of one to reference the size

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #169  
The thing is as big as an average size skidloader. IT is a beast. But was bought to unload pallets of pavers and retaingwall block off trailers and flatbeds. And yes it does it. As well as alot faster on bigger dirt jobs than the ditchwitch 750 (a "normal" sized dingo). But it doesnt have the finesse the smaller one has. They each have their place

https://compactequip.com/features/i...os-dingo-txl-200-towers-over-the-competition/ Good pic of one to reference the size
Wow that is big!
Last time I rented a miniTL it was used to get in through a very tight gate, obviously a different class of machine.
I want one, but I don't often need one, so I just rent one occasionally...

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #170