trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools #271  
I bought a pair for my neighbor for her sheep barn and pasture. Before that, she was wearing a headlamp to feed the animals before going to work. I didn't expect much. To my amazement, they stayed lit all night (dusk to dawn - dim), and lit well when they detected motion - even in sub zero weather. This is their second year and they are still going strong. She loves them.

My main point was that Solar LED lighting takes a huge amount of cost out of lighting a trail.
I totally agree with you that they are very convenient and lot cheaper than running power to a motion light, unfortunately for me, mine haven't blasted two years so I guess I've bought the bad ones.

/ trail clearing technique and tools
We have zero interest in adding lights. We have 2 lighted systems in our immediate area.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #273  

I'm still painting kiosk parts but I'll start a new thread when I get more pics. This is where it will go, as seen today.
P1020548.jpg

Last edited:
   / trail clearing technique and tools #275  
I'm still painting kiosk parts but I'll start a new thread when I get more pics. This is where it will go, as seen today. View attachment 720782
I think you said the kiosk was mobile? How will it be used such that it needs to be mobile?

We were out on Sunday and removed a fresh dead-fall that had fallen across the trail.

P1020649.jpg
P1020652.jpg

P1020654.jpg
P1020655.jpg

All better!
P1020657.jpg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #279  
Cleared a few hundred feet of trail this weekend using the FS110 and the renegade blade.
About 3 hours or so total to make it walk-able.
May have to move some dirt to make it wide and stable for the tractor.
And of course will use the tractor to do that.

Only issue is the large dead Ash trees everywhere I go.
Need to drop about 6 on the border with my neighbor and another 4-5 near the trails.
No fun walking trails with falling branches the size of small trees!

Another use for the renegade blade, found an illegal tree stand and the blade cut right through the cable lock!