How often should you grease a tractor for light duty?

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #11  
i am wondering with a battery grease gun can you tell when the “chamber” is filled so you don’t pop the seal ??
Slightly confused please enlighten me, pull back the plunger and lock it unscrew and put a new grease cartridge in, screw it back on release the plunger and bleed it,
if its empty no grease comes out. I don't fill it from a pail just buy cartridges which is fine for my equipment usage even with today's prices. mine is the 20 volt DeWalt great little gun.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #12  
I am a very light user and I grease every three months to avoid the aforementioned drying of the grease. The exception to my normal schedule is the backhoe which I grease every time I use it in addition to every three months.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #13  
Slightly confused please enlighten me, pull back the plunger and lock it unscrew and put a new grease cartridge in, screw it back on release the plunger and bleed it,
if its empty no grease comes out. I don't fill it from a pail just buy cartridges which is fine for my equipment usage even with today's prices. mine is the 20 volt DeWalt great little
no no sorry let me try this again so with a hand grease gun when you are pumping grease in a grease fitting and it reach its full capacity you feel the resistance and you know it’s full so you stop so you don’t blow the seal, how do you know with a electric grease gun when it’s time to stop ? the sound changes or … ?

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #14  
no no sorry let me try this again so with a hand grease gun when you are pumping grease in a grease fitting and it reach its full capacity you feel the resistance and you know it’s full so you stop to now blow the seal, how do you know with a electric grease gun when it’s time to stop ? the sound changes or … ?
Got it, every loader and BH pins I've done don't have seals like a bearing I do use an old manual pistol grip gun with lithium or high temp bearing grease for other applications. But getting back to your question the cordless motor does seem to strain a little when the flow is obstructed but it probably would blow out a bearing seal no problem if your not careful. On loader or BH pins I put enough grease so it just starts to flow out of the joints.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #15  
Also on my cordless gun you can hear it cycle I'm assuming every time that pump cycles is equal to one pump of grease from a manually operated gun.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #16  
Got it, every loader and BH pins I've done don't have seals like a bearing I do use an old manual pistol grip gun with lithium or high temp bearing grease for other applications. But getting back to your question the cordless motor does seem to strain a little when the flow is obstructed but it probably would blow out a bearing seal no problem if your not careful. On loader or BH pins I put enough grease so it just starts to flow out of the joints.
ha kk makes sense, so for the front end steering ball joints or the axel pivot you would do them by hand also ?

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #17  
Ball joints by hand, when I first got my gun I blew out the dustcap on a ball joint I probably wouldn't blow it out again but I don't use molly for ball joints either.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #18  
Also on my cordless gun you can hear it cycle I'm assuming every time that pump cycles is equal to one pump of grease from a manually operated gun.
I don't think so on my Milwaukee 18V model. When I used a manual grease gun (2 different ones) the loader pins only took 1-3 pumps to see grease move, with the Milwaukee it takes 5-10.
Now there is a possibility my Milwaukee has a problem, I just got it for Christmas but only started using it a couple months ago.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #19  
I try to grease every 8 hours. However I will grease before doing a large job, or after a long time of sitting. Figure the grease drives the water and contaminates out. I would love a battery powered grease gun, but have to settle for an air powered one for now.

Greasing every oil change is not good for the equipment. It needs greased more often. I have had the opportunity to work for folks who do not grease and can tell you first hand that grease saves equipment. If you like repairing stuff, or enjoy the challenges of running worn out loose equipment then don't grease. For areas that do not have seals too much grease is impossible.