Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #461  
No. you are imagining a totally incorrect situation. Parts of the car came in on me. He moved to the center as we got hit on his side, then we got hit from the other side.

You should have seen some of the rolls I was in when he was into off road racing. Full roll cages and 5. Point harness. But you need to understand you pretty much know your going to get into it not guessing like you do on the road.
Me getting in the passenger seat of a race only vehicle was something I never would have done before the accident. So glad I don't live in fear anymore.. You know I even jumped out of an airplane, Great experiance!

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #462  
Posted twice

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #463  
No. you are imagining a totally incorrect situation. Parts of the car came in on me. He moved to the center as we got hit on his side, then we got hit from the other side.

You should have seen some of the rolls I was in when he was into off road racing. Full roll cages and 5. Point harness. But you need to understand you pretty much know your going to get into it not guessing like you do on the road.
Me getting in the passenger seat of a race only vehicle was something I never would have done before the accident. So glad I don't live in fear anymore.. You know I even jumped out of an airplane, Great experiance! Janet

When in Service and doing that, jumping out of airplanes we used to joke amongst ourselves about it took a complete idiot to holler Geronimo and then jump out of a perfectible good airplane.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #464  
I know what you're saying but to me it's the same as AC. When I first started driving many decades ago ( shortly after horse and buggy :) ), none of my cars had AC or power windows...just something else to break. Once I started getting vehicles with AC and PW, it got to the point they were almost a necessity.
I use remote start all the time in the winter, I'm a firm believer in letting the vehicle run for a bit when cold. In the summer I don't often use the remote start but when I start my truck, I'll sit there for a couple minutes with it running...........M
I was always taught to have just enough run time to get the fluids pumping and the time it m
Normally takes to turn the hand choke off and it stay running. Any more idle time than that was unneeded and then move the car by driving. The warm up this way is more consistent or something.
Then we got automatic chokes and they told me to let it warm about the same amount of time.
Then we got emissions, more emissions and then electronics. Many of my issues with cars have been emissions and most all mechanics tell me if I let it idle a lot I can expect to have issues with emissions systems.
I used to just let them Idle alonge to run the heater or air while waiting but after having so many problems with the newest emission systems I no longer Idle more than a few minuets.

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #465  
When in Service and doing that, jumping out of airplanes we used to joke amongst ourselves about it took a complete idiot to holler Geronimo and then jump out of a perfectible good airplane.
I won't sit here and try to convince anyone I can do anything without fear. As you say that would take a complete Idiot! At the same time having a healthy understanding of the risks and odds and respect for what your doing keeps me from living in fear!
If your afraid of a normal breakdown at the roadside do you fill a trailer with every tool imaginable or just the basics in a box in the Trunk?
Not sure if that's a good apology but since my truck just failed to start and I am avoiding roadside assistance by having tapped the starter with a hammer and getting it started. Its the only one that comes to mind.
You should see the look on these young drivers faces when an old lady climbes under her truck and starts banging on things with a hammer and it mysteriously starts!

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #466  
I won't sit here and try to convince anyone I can do anything without fear. As you say that would take a complete Idiot! At the same time having a healthy understanding of the risks and odds and respect for what your doing keeps me from living in fear!
If your afraid of a normal breakdown at the roadside do you fill a trailer with every tool imaginable or just the basics in a box in the Trunk?
Not sure if that's a good apology but since my truck just failed to start and I am avoiding roadside assistance by having tapped the starter with a hammer and getting it started. Its the only one that comes to mind.
You should see the look on these young drivers faces when an old lady climbes under her truck and starts banging on things with a hammer and it mysteriously starts!

Janet

All of us have probably beat on something at one time or the other with a hammer. I try to find out what the problem is before I have to (again) crawl under a vehicle in a rain storm and beat on the starter with a hammer to move the armature in the starter away from the dead spot to get it to start.

Last edited:
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures #467  
All of us have probably beat on something at one time or the other with a hammer. I try to find out what the problem is before I have to (again) crawl under a vehicle in a rain storm and beat on the starter with a hammer to move the armature in the starter away from the dead spot to get it to start.
Thanks for letting me know exactly what happens when I hit it with the hammer. I was always under the impression it was just stuck or jammed, never heard it called a dead spot but that kind of makes more sense to me than simply saying it's stuck.

By the way thankfully its not raining. If it was I most likely would have waited for roadside.

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #468  
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures #469  
It looks like Ford is looking at making money with software subscriptions too....on trucks.

"Ford is redesigning a pivotal product lineup, leaning on new software and connected data metrics, to boost profits in its commercial vehicle business."

Ford unveils new F-Series Super Duty trucks designed to boost its commercial, software services businesses
I hope enough people don't subscribe to these servics to send a clear message . Especially private owners , I can see maybe companies intalling their own gps to track the wherabouts of their trucks when being used by an employee . Seems like it would be cheaper to pay for it once rather than a monthly subscription . I know some of the long haul 18 wheelers already have this in their trucks , but for them it might pay off but I own a new Ram 1500 and they want $15 a month to just be able to lock, unlock and remote start the vehicle from their phone app which I thought with a vehicle over 50 K would come standard like the Ford pass is for at least their light duty vehicles . I can also see the charge for 5G connectivity because that is a seperate service that they use a 3rd party ATT for .

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #470  
I watch a lot of auto repair youtubes. Some are just amazing. Watched one the other day where the hood latch wasn't working.
Mechanic just sticks a hook through the grill on to on the release cable that sits in front of the radiator. Pulls and pops the hood open like it was nothing. :) I think Jay Leno explained best why trucks became luxury vehicles. They were exempt from luxury taxes, so all the options one would find on luxury vehicles got transferred over to trucks.