A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!!

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #431  
Yeah, if I figure out it's an OK monitor (I get one that works!) I'll look to get a spare. Your thread here has been an inspiration. I will really appreciate having a front-mount camera for doing pallet fork work: on my B7800 I'd been standing up and looking over the hood to line things up- pretty clumsy with my 3pt forks chained up to the bucket and me wobbling about! And my neck will be happy to have a camera at the back:)

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #432  
I'm in for $85 cdn including a wireless kit at $18. IMG_20161029_181517.jpgIMG_20161029_181601.jpgIMG_20161029_181611.jpgIMG_20161029_181704.jpgIMG_20161029_182032.jpg
I may drop the camera an inch for obvious reasons or not, see what it looks like outside.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #433  
   / A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #434  
I got two cameras hooked up and the monitor installed on/in the Kioti. OK, I'm waiting for an RCA barrel connector in order to connect up two male jacks that are for the rear camera input. Although I need a front camera more right now (to do pallet fork work) it just turned out that that's what I managed to get connected (video jacks). Front camera is currently very adjustable- I've got it held down with electrical tape :D (and it's off center a bit). Once I figure that it's a good position for pallet fork work I'll make a more permanent mount.
P1120787.JPG
[don't have the rear one screwed down yet]
P1120788.JPG
With the movie rolling :D
P1120792.JPG

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!!
I got two cameras hooked up and the monitor installed on/in the Kioti. OK, I'm waiting for an RCA barrel connector in order to connect up two male jacks that are for the rear camera input. Although I need a front camera more right now (to do pallet fork work) it just turned out that that's what I managed to get connected (video jacks). Front camera is currently very adjustable- I've got it held down with electrical tape :D (and it's off center a bit). Once I figure that it's a good position for pallet fork work I'll make a more permanent mount.
View attachment 488105
[don't have the rear one screwed down yet]
View attachment 488107
With the movie rolling :D
View attachment 488108

Looks good:thumbsup:

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #436  
I managed to test out the system doing some pallet work. My current mount (see picture a couple of posts up) tends to lose perspective when I have the forks down and am looking to drive them forward: of course, this is the position that matters most; having the FEL in any other position I can see things pretty well. I put the camera lower, on the bottom part of the brush guard, but that isn't quite working out either. Note: when I placed it lower I rolled it upside down- reason I'm mentioning this is that with the camera upside down I no longer have to mess with the ROTATE button when I toggle between front and rear cameras (someone in an earlier post had mentioned an issue such as this).

I'm still thinking that I'd like to have the camera attached to the tractor's body rather than the FEL. I'll see if I can mount the camera down lower, below the bottom of the hood.

Pretty impressed with these little Esky cameras.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #437  
You can unscrew the front half of those camera see and spin them in the mount or even completely remove it from the mount.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #438  
I managed to test out the system doing some pallet work. My current mount (see picture a couple of posts up) tends to lose perspective when I have the forks down and am looking to drive them forward: of course, this is the position that matters most; having the FEL in any other position I can see things pretty well. I put the camera lower, on the bottom part of the brush guard, but that isn't quite working out either. Note: when I placed it lower I rolled it upside down- reason I'm mentioning this is that with the camera upside down I no longer have to mess with the ROTATE button when I toggle between front and rear cameras (someone in an earlier post had mentioned an issue such as this).

I'm still thinking that I'd like to have the camera attached to the tractor's body rather than the FEL. I'll see if I can mount the camera down lower, below the bottom of the hood.

Pretty impressed with these little Esky cameras.

You might want to try a small ball and socket mount along with a good strong magnet to stick it where ever you need for which ever attachment you're using. That should get you all the mounting flexibility you'll ever need.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #439  
country, thanks for the tip. Dummy me, I kept trying to figure out why they were out of "sync." Duh, the rear camera is mounted upside down (under the cab top)! When I mounted the front camera upside down then the two matched. I never cease to amaze myself on how stupid I can be! :laughing:

dick, yeah, I played around with the camera a bit today (busy with a bunch of other things, so I only had a few minutes) and am starting to think that I'd be best off extending the wiring and just doing a temporary mount based on need- mount on the pallet forks themselves for pallet work. Since I'm running the wiring in past the battery "bucket" (recessed area) I could stow excess wiring and or the camera in there when I don't need to use the camera).

Though I haven't gotten it all worked out/perfected I can say that this will end up being VERY helpful. To anyone contemplating doing this- DO IT! Many thanks to all for their contributions here.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #440  
Yeah I did the same thing at first when I mounted mine, also the little thin metal mount won't last long if it gets bent back and forth a few times. Mine finally gave up after several run ins with small limbs. Cam is still working great and I still like the mounting location just have to come up with a mount that can be tilted or turned.