A newbies DIY solar install

/ A newbies DIY solar install #61  
Wow 24.9kW of panels that's a ton. My entire house off grid runs on a 12kW system and 36kwh of LFP batteries! We use less than 20kW a day and are in a super Sunny area at 9000 ft so not a problem.

/ A newbies DIY solar install
Wow 24.9kW of panels that's a ton. My entire house off grid runs on a 12kW system and 36kwh of LFP batteries! We use less than 20kW a day and are in a super Sunny area at 9000 ft so not a problem.
We use that much while we sleep. Lol.

This is NOT my setup.

A cousin of mine looked at my solar setup and ordered the exact same system and racking. He finished his install last week. I recieved these pics today. This is what happens when you forget to tighten the set screws on the top plates that attach to the vertical pipe. I can't imagine waking up to that.
IMG_0018.jpg
660524867.jpg

That's so horrible! I feel for your cousin. :eek::cry:
Yep. Not sure if insurance would cover something like this or not. That's about $13,000 worth of panels and rails laying on the ground. Not sure how you forget that step. First thing I did before setting any panels was to torque every nut to spec.

/ A newbies DIY solar install #66  
Yep. Not sure if insurance would cover something like this or not. That's about $13,000 worth of panels and rails laying on the ground. Not sure how you forget that step. First thing I did before setting any panels was to torque every nut to spec.
I admit to a similar sort of compulsivity, but, over the years, I have come to realize that not everyone is cut out of the same cloth.

At fault, or not, I'd be pretty upset to have to start over, though at least the posts and inverters are still there.

All the best,

Peter

At fault, or not, I'd be pretty upset to have to start over, though at least the posts and inverters are still there.
Going to be a lot of work just on the cleanup portion. Looks like some of the posts on the front section will need replaced. Look to be bent.

/ A newbies DIY solar install #68  
Grid tied. NO.

/ A newbies DIY solar install #70  
Not rambling. Was a pain to get certified for the grid inter-tie. COULD NOT DO IT MY SELF, had to hire accepted contractors the utility would work with. Okay, set that all up and ran for 6 years, got almost no real savings. In the sense that if I'd invested the 16K into stocks or something else, I would be way ahead. We had an Ice/Snow event, it was a one in a hundred year event, that ruined the whole panel system and I have to rebuild it. And not only that, I have to re-certify it, like i was just starting out again. So I need accepted contractors again to re-wire the system, for it to be re-certified for Net Metering. I'm just going to go a different direction, and the Sunny Boy 2400u gets a new life some where else, after i sell it, and I'm going off grid even if on grid sounded good. Maybe to charge an EV or something. But not tied to the grid in any way.