Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor?

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #91  
Please let us know what you think of it. I'm holding off on buying it until I read what you have to say.

So far, so good. Our 1/2 mile rated Dakota Alert Driveway Hose type is working from 1800 feet.

Last edited:
   / Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor?
So far, so good. Our 1/2 mile rated Dakota Alert Driveway Hose type is working from 1800 feet.

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the plunge and buying it. After reading some of the issues with the Guardline units, the Dakota hose type sounds like what I'm wanting to get.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #93  
You're welcome.

I didn't know about their wireless break beam model, BBA-2500 until after I ordered the hose model or I would have got it.

It uses the same receiver and has the same wireless range and is solar powered: Dakota Alert 25 Duty Cycle Wireless Break Beam Sensor Kit (BBA-25) 689849655475 | eBay

From the same Seller that I got my hose model from. It has a full factory warranty:

da.jpg

Last edited:
   / Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #94  
I have used a Dakota alert for years on my driveway and it as placed about 1/2 mile away from the house. Mine is the type with the magnetic loop and it is placed under the driveway in a piece of conduit. Senses only metallic objects. Even alerted for a rifle carried over it when I first installed it. I could adjust the sensitivity.

It is not visible to people going over or near it and no false animal trips.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #95  
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the plunge and buying it. After reading some of the issues with the Guardline units, the Dakota hose type sounds like what I'm wanting to get.
Eddie,my personal experience I would avoid the guardline products.Good luck on whatever you choose..

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #96  
Eddie,my personal experience I would avoid the guardline products.Good luck on whatever you choose..
Lots of happy customers with the 1/4mi range unit. My guess is they made some very good improvements from the 500ft model for those pushing the envelopes.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #97  
Lots of happy customers with the 1/4mi range unit. My guess is they made some very good improvements from the 500ft model for those pushing the envelopes.

+1

I wasn't happy with the 500'model and they (Guardline) took of it, no money out of my pocket as they shipped me the 1/4 mile unit at the same price.

The OP even posted he was happy with Guardlines customer service and they went out of their way. All you can ask from a company IMO.

Last edited:
   / Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #98  
I have used a Dakota alert for years on my driveway and it as placed about 1/2 mile away from the house. Mine is the type with the magnetic loop and it is placed under the driveway in a piece of conduit. Senses only metallic objects. Even alerted for a rifle carried over it when I first installed it. I could adjust the sensitivity.

It is not visible to people going over or near it and no false animal trips.
That's what I have, MURS with magnetic about 700' from the house (receiver). I have my MURS transmitter on a small solar panel. It's been in place for years with no problems. I let the ants get into the MURS box and they trashed out the small circuit board. I bought another one but this time put two small mothballs in the box and no more ants. Very reliable system. I did try the other Dakota system that says 2k feet or something but with all my trees it wasn't very reliable.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #99  
We have the Dakota Alert DCPA-2500 . Worked awesome for about 3 years. No support from the company on troubleshooting the false alarms now. Fortunately an online vendor had a list of things to check. Hopefully it works out.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #100  
That is a true statement.I am only speaking from my OWN experience with my 2 units from guardline (5oo ft model and 1/4 mile model) from my conversations guardline
they told me BOTH of my units must have defective base units.Guardline also told me to look at purchasing A dakota system as they are very dependable units.Go figure??