Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor?

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #11  
I had one of those but returned it due to low volume. Could not hear it from another room.

They must have made changes since you had it because this thing will wake me out of a dead sleep, and the volume isn’t turned up halfway. Also it’s downstairs and I sleep upstairs. In the summer we open the window and can easily hear it while working in the yard.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #12  
Sounds interesting. What brand, model is the 1/4 mile unit?

They call it "the 1/4 mile" model:D Not joking or kidding. Same brand as Eddie posted in the OP. The model he listed via link, is the $99 "500' model". I know, you'd think they'ed actually have part numbers or something.

Did have to go out today and lower the one sensor. Found out it was picking up the Pilot and truck, but it wouldn't pick up the two smaller sedans. Must of had it mounted too high per line of sight.

As far as false alarms, during the day, it's not bad. Strange as it seems, at night we turn it off just for the deer or neighbors dog. The reality is anything can set off the home lights as well at night, and if you come down our driveway at night when things are quiet, generally the dogs will start going ballistic and let us know. This is why we got one first, my wife wants to know before the dogs go ballistic during the day if she's in a meeting (works full time from the house).

I do like that one model that does cars only (that was posted here), but at half the price and no digging with the brand Eddie is asking about, something I can live with.

I will probably get an extra outdoor sensor for the back field just to let me know if anyone is driving there from that access point off the main road.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #13  
They must have made changes since you had it because this thing will wake me out of a dead sleep, and the volume isn’t turned up halfway. Also it’s downstairs and I sleep upstairs. In the summer we open the window and can easily hear it while working in the yard.

This was in the summer.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor?
I've been reading the reviews on the 1/4 mile model too and now I'm debating if it's worth the extra $50?

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #15  
We have a few Dakota alarms and the latest is a Guardline. The GL has been dependable and has many features. We like the double car horn alarm sound!

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #17  
I have the mighty mule mentioned previously. We have lots of wildlife around here so I wanted something that would ignore them. It works by detecting a moving mass of metal. I was concerned because our driveway has lots of iron ore in & around it and I park my truck between the sensor transmitter and receiver. It's not to far from the house, about 150' and works well. The sensor is buried next to the driveway and the transmitter is semi-concealed in the bushes to the point that one is not likely to see it unless they know it's there. I have one sensor and 2 receivers on the same channel so I get the notice in both buildings.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #18  
The Guardline is my third try at a driveway alarm. The sensor is buried inside a hollow tree. Works perfectly. Sensor lasts a long time on my Enelope AA rechargeable batteries.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #19  
Wife wanted a driveway alarm so she bought the Guardline and an extra receiver for my shop. She got to the point where it was too annoying for her and she shut it off in the house but my shop receiver is works great.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #20  
The Guardline is my third try at a driveway alarm. The sensor is buried inside a hollow tree. Works perfectly. Sensor lasts a long time on my Enelope AA rechargeable batteries.
Installed ours on the backside of the mailbox post. You wouldn't know it was there if you weren't looking for it.