Better parking brake warning needed.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #41  
A TBN post from years ago was about occasionally leaving tools, chains, etc in the FEL bucket, forgetting about them, and then dumping the bucket. The poster suggested slipping an empty glove over the joystick as a reminder there's tools in the bucket.

Maybe all we need is a reminder-something-or-other to hang on the steering wheel when we set the brake.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #42  
A TBN post from years ago was about occasionally leaving tools, chains, etc in the FEL bucket, forgetting about them, and then dumping the bucket. The poster suggested slipping an empty glove over the joystick as a reminder there's tools in the bucket.

Maybe all we need is a reminder-something-or-other to hang on the steering wheel when we set the brake.
Might be a bit cumbersome if you're doing work where you're on and off the tractor, like moving stones or something like that.

How many here park their tractor in neutral with the brake on vs just leaving it in gear? I'm about 50/50 on that.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #43  
Print this & tape to steering wheel center
2023_02_04_12.48.24.jpg

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #44  
Following! I do this more often than I would like to admit. Interested to see all of the possible solutions.
I don't understand why you use it if it doesn't stop the tractor. :confused:

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #45  
You could do this...they make these (search "12v light and buzzer") that you could mount somewhere, dash or on a bracket. 12v positive to one side (switched power, not battery) other side wired to a switch to ground at parking brake. Simple leaf or push button switch.
2023_02_04_18.06.32.jpg

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #46  
Sometimes I think my tractor has too many nannies, but it will not move with the parking brake on. My old M6800 would run until you could smell the brakes with the parking brake on. My TYM T1104 seems to have learned a lot from Kubota and will not go using the power shuttle until the power shuttle in in neutral and the parking brake is turned off first.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #47  
My Max 26xl will move easily with the parking brake set. The indicator light on the dash quit working several years ago along with the PTO and headlights indicators and I haven’t figured out why. I just made a habit of looking at the p brake lever or pedals before hitting the hydro pedal. It's no different than looking for the little indicator light. I guess years of running 1950's Farmall tractors without such lights and gadgets to remind you of these things taught me to actually pay more attention to the physical position of all of the controls more
than trusting an indicator light anyway.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #48  
If the freaking E brake worked like it should we wouldn't need a better indicator because there would be no driving off with it on, right? :rolleyes:

Right you are about the E brake.

No matter how I contort to get enough leverage to set either manual parking brake lever on the Kubota M59 I can easily drive off with it on. Don't ask how I know....

The JD 310 has a solenoid actuated E brake parking brake. For operator convenience, it's just a toggle on the dash. The brake has to be on to start the engine.

Then if I even make a move toward putting it in gear while the brake is still on, a warning horn goes off INSIDE the cab.

If I was to somehow ignore the warning warning horn, the machine still will not roll with the brake on.
Almost 100 hp, and it will not move one inch with the brake on.

rScotty

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #49  
Both of the tractors I've had used locking foot brakes for parking. The one on my old JD750 worked pretty good, but my Kioti wasn't real well thought out. There's a rod with a handle on it you need to pull up before you press the pedal. Trouble is, most times I need to set it my foot's already on the brake and that doesn't work so well. The handle on the rod tends to come off...I've got it JB welded on, hopefully that keeps it that way. I also had to rig up a return spring on the latch mechanism because sometimes it doesn't release.

On a similar note I've got to come with a reverse indicator light for mine...I'm always forgetting which I'm in when doing loader work. The fwd/reverse lever has a lot of slop in it so I don't think a plunger switch would work...maybe a magnetic one?
Wow! I would not want a tractor with a brake setup like this. Looking for a larger tractor, I will be checking this out on the TYM and Kioti I am looking at.

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
Disappointed. I got the motorcycle brake switch linked in this thread and took a look at where I might best anchor and connect it. Well crap!. Nowhere I see. The complete throw of the linkage is about 1/4 inch. It does not look like a promising mod on the MX5200.