Bolt Size Help

/ Bolt Size Help #71  
Sounds crazy but try a British thread

/ Bolt Size Help #72  
So I crawled under my M7060 this afternoon, and as I thought, they are 14x1.5. You definitely want to run a tap
or thread chaser in the holes. You might get a bolt in the holes without cleaning the paint and crap out of them first, or you might not. I work in a machine shop so I just borrowed taps when I was making brackets for those holes.

I can assure you guys that there are JIS hydraulic fittings. Like a JIC but with a 30 degree seat instead of 37 and I believe the threads are British Whitworth. They are all over the Okuma CNC machines I deal with.

/ Bolt Size Help #73  
I see bolts next to the open holes. Pull one, see if it fits, then size it
That isn't his tractor. Just a picture on the internet.

He did explain all of this

/ Bolt Size Help #74  
I like my Thexton 432 Universal Thread Gauge pack.
4 pieces,measures pitch and diameter.
Under $14

M14x1.50 is still my guess.

/ Bolt Size Help #75  
Nope.

I know what JIC is. I have dealt with hydraulics for a few decades now.

Someone earlier mentioned that it could be JIS threads in them holes. And the only time I have heard JIS and threads referenced together is when dealing with pipe/tubing fittings. Though have never used them in person. Quick google search seems to point to a BSPP thread but with a 30 degree seat. Dunno, but in my comment I definitely meant to say JIS
Ja, they do exist:

/ Bolt Size Help #76  
So I crawled under my M7060 this afternoon, and as I thought, they are 14x1.5. You definitely want to run a tap
or thread chaser in the holes. You might get a bolt in the holes without cleaning the paint and crap out of them first, or you might not. I work in a machine shop so I just borrowed taps when I was making brackets for those holes.

I can assure you guys that there are JIS hydraulic fittings. Like a JIC but with a 30 degree seat instead of 37 and I believe the threads are British Whitworth. They are all over the Okuma CNC machines I deal wi
So some confirmation of M14-1.5.
Interesting they upsized that hole from the MX/grand L.

Makes me wonder what the original use is for those holes? What option or accessory or use did Kubota have in mind when they machined those holes in that exact spot in the casting?

Ja, they do exist:

That's just a regular ole metric bolt.

/ Bolt Size Help #77  
The two open holes have thick paint in them from the manufacturer. So no bolt will fit till you clean/remove the paint from the threads.

/ Bolt Size Help #78  
....and use a bottoming tap to get threads as far to the bottom as you can.

/ Bolt Size Help #79  
So some confirmation of M14-1.5.
Interesting they upsized that hole from the MX/grand L.

Makes me wonder what the original use is for those holes? What option or accessory or use did Kubota have in mind when they machined those holes in that exact spot in the casting?

That's just a regular ole metric bolt.
The M is a larger frame tractor than L's or MX's. This a utility tractor not a compact. What the designed usage of the holes are I can't tell you. I believe Neil Messick had a video of a boom or bank mower mid mount that might have utilized them in some way. It was on the highest HP version of the M.

I am very positive the holes are 14x1.5

/ Bolt Size Help #80  
The holes and finished surface may have been used during the machining process for fixturing or for holding during assembly.

• Good Post
Reactions: jmc