Bought another ECHO...

/ Bought another ECHO... #71  
If that the case, only using non ethanol pre mix might behoove ya.
Would a battery powered saw fit in your world?
Echo in my mind makes the most viable ones.
They beat other battery saws costing much more.
Neither saw has had ethanol gas in it. An electric saw is on my list, but not as a 3rd saw.
The biggest reason this saw hasn't been used much is because of the way it runs. It actually is harder to start than my 590 for some reason.

/ Bought another ECHO... #72  
Neither saw has had ethanol gas in it. An electric saw is on my list, but not as a 3rd saw.
The biggest reason this saw hasn't been used much is because of the way it runs. It actually is harder to start than my 590 for some reason.
They can be finicky beasts.
Too much air coming into a compromised carb seal, perforated fuel lines that you can't see w your eyes, minute, microscopic dirt particles in carb plumbing, weak or faulty spark availability.
Truth be told, I seldom messed with my saws when logging. They either worked or didn't as I didn't have the time to ascertain the problems.
I went to the saw shop, bought another one and left the problem saw there. Upon pick up, he would proceed to tell me what was wrong and it didn't even go in one ear.
It was like when my wife, as a newly wed asked "wouldn't you like to have kids one day".
I said " yeah... I can do one day".
That's how much time I gave a fussy saw.
She made me keep the kids however.

/ Bought another ECHO... #73  
355t with muffler and air fliter mod...man she runs great even at 9000 ft. What a little beast of a saw. I almost bought a battery top handle...then I saw this video on the mods and said what the heck. Its now my favorite little saw.

/ Bought another ECHO... #74  
I finally gave up and took my 490 back to the shop. It was two years old when I stopped using it last year, because I couldn't get it to run right. They ended up putting a new carb on... the saw coat $300 in 2021. The carb and labor was just over $100.

/ Bought another ECHO... #75  
I finally gave up and took my 490 back to the shop. It was two years old when I stopped using it last year, because I couldn't get it to run right. They ended up putting a new carb on... the saw coat $300 in 2021. The carb and labor was just over $100.
Considering retail list on new OEM carb is $89. Thats not bad.

If they used OEM. Part # A02103391

e490affixx.jpg