Bought another ECHO...

/ Bought another ECHO... #11  
Echo's like late model Stihl's all need 'breathed on' a bit, the 590 is no exception, why I'll modify the intake as well as the exhaust before I use it. At least the little CS top handle was easy, just replacing the stock CAT muffler with a non cat muffler (Forrester after market) woke it right up, that and removing the EPA mandated mixture limiters. The 590 has an issue with a poor sealing air filter that allows dust to get into the carb but you can get a foam replacement filter that fits under the hood that eliminates that issue, or you can go the 'O' ring route to seal the stock filter for less.

You can also fit the larger bore carb from the next bigger saw to the 590 for even better breathing, something I may do along with the larger coil and increased rev limiter at some point.

Their weed whackers are no exception either. Severely restricted mufflers, much like Stihl and Husky.

Shindawa and Echo are one and the same, built in the same Japanese factory and everything is interchangeable.
I think Echo equipment is built in different countries. My Echo wheeled string trimmer says “built in Fargo, ND.

/ Bought another ECHO... #12  
Oh ok. I actually bought a can of trufuel for my Echo weed wacker recently. I had no idea it was synthetic. I just didn’t have time to take the jugs to the station that sells ethanol free gas.
Its not "synthetic" fuel.
It uses a synthetic oil for its mix.
Most of these products are ethanol free but rather expensive for what they are.
A gallon of VP 4 cycle here in this wacko coastal state where I live is $26 per gallon.

/ Bought another ECHO...
I think Echo equipment is built in different countries. My Echo wheeled string trimmer says “built in Fargo, ND.
Some are built stateside but assembled from Japanese parts. All the saws are built in Japan btw.

/ Bought another ECHO...
Its not "synthetic" fuel.
It uses a synthetic oil for its mix.
Most of these products are ethanol free but rather expensive for what they are.
A gallon of VP 4 cycle here in this wacko coastal state where I live is $26 per gallon.
All ethanol (corn alcohol) free, why the shelf life is what it is. I do know that the TruFuel as well as the Red Armor has no conventional gasoline in it. Not sure abut the VP as I don't use it. Menards is running a sale on TruFuel presently, FYI.

/ Bought another ECHO...
A sharp chain obviously makes a big difference but it doesn’t change the fact that the stock 590 won’t cut with the stock 6100.
It will if you 'breathe' on it a bit. Not even going to start mine until I do the muffler mod and the air cleaner and maybe the carb as well. New carbs are cheap btw.

/ Bought another ECHO... #16  
All ethanol (corn alcohol) free, why the shelf life is what it is. I do know that the TruFuel as well as the Red Armor has no conventional gasoline in it. Not sure abut the VP as I don't use it. Menards is running a sale on TruFuel presently, FYI.
The word your looking for is called alkylate fuels. ;)

/ Bought another ECHO... #17  
No Menards here on the East coast.
True Fuel is a specially blended gasoline product using high octane fuels w/o ethanol.
It uses synthetic oil mix.
Red Armor does the same.
If we are considering what we get at the pump in most states as "conventional", then your statement is correct with "conventional" meaning ethanol laced but non derived from a lab.
Unless someone invented a "synthetic" gasoline that we don't know about yet, I know of no other gasoline product that hasn't come from an oil derivative pumped out of the ground including the alkylates.

Last edited:
   / Bought another ECHO...
No Menards here on the East coast.
True Fuel is a specially blended gasoline product using high octane fuels w/o ethanol.
It uses synthetic oil mix.
Red Armor does the same.

If we are considering what we get at the pump in most states as "conventional", then your statement is correct with "conventional" meaning ethanol laced but non derived from a lab.
Unless someone invented a "synthetic" gasoline that we don't know about yet, I know of no other gasoline product that hasn't come from an oil derivative pumped out of the ground including the alkylates.
I have to disagree with your premise because, neither has the odor of gasoline. Gasoline has a distinctive smell, e-gas or not and neither exhibit any gasoline smell at all. More of a solvent smell and I've 'sniffed' both

/ Bought another ECHO... #19  
I have to disagree with your premise because, neither has the odor of gasoline. Gasoline has a distinctive smell, e-gas or not and neither exhibit any gasoline smell at all. More of a solvent smell and I've 'sniffed' both
It is refined and blended differently causing the difference in smell but trust me, it all originally came out of a well and not a lab.
Its main ingredient is naphtha which is petroleum product.
They blend it with benzene, toluene and other chemicals that produces that “solvent “ smell.
So while it is not the same combo of chemicals thrown in regular gasoline, it is still originates from a high octane fuel.

Last edited:
   / Bought another ECHO...
Whatever. Like I said, don't smell like weasel pee gasoline and I'm 100% good with it.