Camera Security Systems???

/ Camera Security Systems??? #121  
Blu iris software..

I got my new synology nas today, quickly discovered (disappointed) the security camera app only allows 2 cameras without additional license. I have a nvr, but wanted the nas to back it up. Got a lot to learn about the nas.
Yeah the QNAP camera licenses are expensive and I don't need all the functionality. Will look into Blu iris. Thanks.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #122  
Blu iris software..

I got my new synology nas today, quickly discovered (disappointed) the security camera app only allows 2 cameras without additional license. I have a nvr, but wanted the nas to back it up. Got a lot to learn about the nas.
Okay! I watched a few YouTube vids on Blue Iris including some comparison reviews and I am sold on Blue Iris for my software. Thanks buckeye!

/ Camera Security Systems??? #123  
Okay! I watched a few YouTube vids on Blue Iris including some comparison reviews and I am sold on Blue Iris for my software. Thanks buckeye!
Welcome, i have it, but never dedicated a computer to run it.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #124  
I'm looking at a new unit for the new home build. I currently have a Samsung and an older Panasonic IP system but am leaning towards the Lorex 16 4K unit and right now Lorex is having a Black Friday sale at 25%off.

Thoughts?

/ Camera Security Systems??? #125  
I'm looking at a new unit for the new home build. I currently have a Samsung and an older Panasonic IP system but am leaning towards the Lorex 16 4K unit and right now Lorex is having a Black Friday sale at 25%off.

Thoughts?
I think for a quality camera system with easiest plug and play, a pretty good solution for a newbie. I would look into whether it is a POE system or BNC cable. My first go around was a Lorex system which did crap out on me. I want a more future proof system and lower cost components to expand.

If you look at adding cameras to your Lorex, the price of additional cameras was quite high compared to the package deal. If the package deal is all you want and you don't want zoom or Pan Tilt, then go for it. I want to grow my next system and be able to fine tune it, tie it potential into an alarm, etc.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #126  
Welcome, i have it, but never dedicated a computer to run it.
Lots more research tonight... now thinking I need a dedicated PC hardwired to 'run' my surveillance. I presently do not run any computers hard lined. A couple laptops, iPads and phones all wireless. While it is no issue to tether to my LAN if I have to, I am thinking a dedicated box needs to stay put while I travel with my laptop, iPad, phone.

Dang, I thought I had freed myself from a traditional non portable PC box!

/ Camera Security Systems??? #127  
You don't really need a dedicated PC as such. They make NVR (Network Video Recorder) units that do that kind of thing - process and store the images and send to the web if you wish. Mine is the size of a hockey puck, but I don't record or use the web options. Some of the more techy people are going to Raspberry PI based systems.

If you want a full blown box, you could do it with a lower end laptop/notebook that would use less power than a desktop.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #128  

I've been using BI for a few months now on 2 different brands of cameras. I have 5 cameras and have an older computer dedicated to running the system. It works very well even after I adjusted it so the cpu is running at about 35%. It is a feature rich program and you can spend days figuring it out.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #129  

Thoughts?

Lorex is supposed to be good. But I read on another forum they jacked their prices up before they put them on sale. People were aggravated.

I just checked on my order for the Argus 2. When I bought it at Amazon there was a 10% "clip this coupon" deal. Now there is a 30%, I ordered another one.

I really need at least 4.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #130  
I run BI on my laptop ok. I have an 16 camera qsee analog system with around 8 cams installed, an 8 camera qsee/dahua IP system, with 8 cams, 2 also recording on my synology, all IP cams can record in BI if i have it running. My original qsee IP DVR died, so bought a dahua to replace. Software limited to 8 cameras. Just tried an amcrest camera with hardware zoom, plus digital zoom. All my IP cameras, qsee dahua and amcrest have the exact same software, except newer cams have newer features.
I have a raspberry pi running a streaming server from my older zytel nas. The new synology puts it to shame.