Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,861  
Something of an alternative. I currently have my $25/mon Visible sim in my Nighthawk MR1100. Being a Hotspot, speed is limited to 5mbs. It uses Verizon signal and I have in a spot my Mobley only gets about 3mbs.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,862  
Something of an alternative. I currently have my $25/mon Visible sim in my Nighthawk MR1100. Being a Hotspot, speed is limited to 5mbs. It uses Verizon signal and I have in a spot my Mobley only gets about 3mbs.
Is that still the only option you have. That seems slow for todays interweb.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,863  
Put that Mobley SIM into a Netgear LB1120 with a Nighthawk router behind it and I think you will see the speeds greatly increase. I typically see 30 down and 10 up. You will need the PUK Codes do do it though

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,864  
Put that Mobley SIM into a Netgear LB1120 with a Nighthawk router behind it and I think you will see the speeds greatly increase. I typically see 30 down and 10 up. You will need the PUK Codes do do it though

Think we have an antenna site that location, trees blocking. Mobley used to do much better that location. I might get to try using a Yagi antenna to help in a couple weeks.

This is my other Mobley about 300 away, better view
IMG_0843.JPG

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,865  
I just got a Nighthawk mr1100 lte mobile hotspot router and the speed improved from our Verizon dsl some but not by a large amount. Download speeds from3 mbps to around 20 mbps on occasion but the upload speed is usually less than 1 mbps, it seems that the faster the download the slower the upload, why?

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,866  
Curious
Anyone aware of a method to transfer Mobley? I have 2 accounts I’m getting ready to turn off, but if their is a way for someone else to benefit…

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,867  
Curious
Anyone aware of a method to transfer Mobley? I have 2 accounts I’m getting ready to turn off, but if their is a way for someone else to benefit…
Don’t know.
I’m keeping mine for the price, I’ll put it at dads house before I get rid of that deal.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,868  
I just got a Nighthawk mr1100 lte mobile hotspot router and the speed improved from our Verizon dsl some but not by a large amount. Download speeds from3 mbps to around 20 mbps on occasion but the upload speed is usually less than 1 mbps, it seems that the faster the download the slower the upload, why?
Do you have an external antenna on it? I do not have the mobley plan, but I have the MR1100. I have one external antenna. It has helped a lot. I have been told if I put two on it of set to 45 degrees I will get even better signal because of the polarization.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,869  
Tried to activate online, first one asked for my Onstar car number, I told her she was not in the right connected car plan, got transferred several times, finally got to the right person but she could not verify me since I didn't have my drivers license number handy. After a total of 57 minutes on the phone, she assigned a cell phone number and a eighteen digit case number and said go to the AT&T store.

Took the eBay/Besy Buy Mobley to the AT&T store in Stillwater yesterday. Megan met us at the door, sat down at a table and in about 15 minutes had it activated. She said I might get Billing to wave the $25 activation fee. Total monthly bill will be $25.94 with all of the extra fees.

Got home, plugged it in to the power supply, It works! :D Got a weak signal of -115 dBm, 130 kbps down, 10kbps up.

Speed increased when moved to a stronger signal, this is -106 dBm:

View attachment 507401

And -100 dBm:

View attachment 507400

Kinda slow, but faster than Hughes Net in the evening hours. 👍

Still have a lot of places to try for a stronger signal.
Well after 6 years of continuous use I disconnected the Mobley from the battery on Monday.

These were some of the fastest speed tests here in the house with the Mobley:

Speed 2023-03-15 08.06.31.png
Speed vert. mid. N  2023-04-05 14.02.13.png

Now using a Verizon Gateway model WNC-CR200A:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 11.06.40.png

And some speed tests:

Screenshot 2023-11-13 21.26.34.png

Screenshot 2023-11-13 21.35.02.png

Screenshot 2023-11-14 07.47.57.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 12.38.02.png

Not as fast as Starlink, but fast enough for my wife and I.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,870  
Well after 6 years of continuous use I disconnected the Mobley from the battery on Monday.

These were some of the fastest speed tests here in the house with the Mobley:

View attachment 832422View attachment 832424

Now using a Verizon Gateway model WNC-CR200A:
View attachment 832425

And some speed tests:

View attachment 832426
View attachment 832427
View attachment 832428
View attachment 832429

Not as fast as Starlink, but fast enough for my wife and I.
Just curious, how much per month. Both Verizon and ATT are slow at our place so it probably wouldn't work for us.