Ditching job

/ Ditching job
I’ve seen mats used and they do work. When I’ve seen the used though it was for very heavy equipment, like cranes used to install wind turbines, or to get something like a bull dozer across a highway.
I used them a few weeks ago to tow a heavy chipper across a lawn. Work great.

/ Ditching job
This is what I’ve been saying. A big track hoe LOOKS like it will do more damage but it won’t. It will straddle the ditch and not be turning a lot. The hoe won’t tear things up near as much as moving the dirt away with your tractor.

I am using a mini ex to clean out ditches. Tractor will only be used to shuttle dirt, no dirt scooping in the plans.
I have done some investigating into a crawler carrier. Has a bed about the size of a full size pickup.
$3,000 for a week rental. Looks like it’ll carry about 5 tons of dirt at about 6MPH. Much slower than farm tractor with high cap 1.5yd bucket, but probably carries 3-4 tractor scoops at a time.

/ Ditching job #103  
I am using a mini ex to clean out ditches. Tractor will only be used to shuttle dirt, no dirt scooping in the plans.
I have done some investigating into a crawler carrier. Has a bed about the size of a full size pickup.
$3,000 for a week rental. Looks like it’ll carry about 5 tons of dirt at about 6MPH. Much slower than farm tractor with high cap 1.5yd bucket, but probably carries 3-4 tractor scoops at a time.
I didn't read the entire thread and it's probably been suggested. Can't you source an Ag dump trailer for the tractor? Would make things a lot easier.

/ Ditching job
I didn't read the entire thread and it's probably been suggested. Can't you source an Ag dump trailer for the tractor? Would make things a lot easier.
Can’t find one anywhere. None of us use them in our farm operations.

/ Ditching job #105  
Can’t find one anywhere. None of us use them in our farm operations.
Oh I see. It's one of those things that doesn't get used everyday, but sure it's nice to have around for the ocasional use.

/ Ditching job
Oh I see. It's one of those things that doesn't get used everyday, but sure it's nice to have around for the ocasional use.
Seen them before, but now that I have looked at them more closely, they look like a great tool for my business.
Im trying to save money for inflation-especially now that fuel prices have doubled-and going higher.

/ Ditching job #107  
Seen them before, but now that I have looked at them more closely, they look like a great tool for my business.
Im trying to save money for inflation-especially now that fuel prices have doubled-and going higher.
Even something with low sides and preferably removable sides would be handy for moving bales in a pinch and also move dirt around.

This one has an extra extension on the sides but you get the idea.

REBOQUE-GALUCHO-10000-KG-6.jpg

/ Ditching job #108  
You don’t have a scraper pan do you? It’s not common but I have seen scrapers loaded with a backhoe before. Our local soil conservation office even has one that they rent out, at what I assume is a cheap rate.

/ Ditching job #109  
You don’t have a scraper pan do you? It’s not common but I have seen scrapers loaded with a backhoe before. Our local soil conservation office even has one that they rent out, at what I assume is a cheap rate.
Great investment for any farming operation. I paid $4,700 for a 5 yard clamshell scraper. If the ditches to be cleaned are dry enough it could do the entire job. If not, it can be loaded with the excavator.

/ Ditching job #110  
One problem with something larger is going to be getting the side slope of the ditches. Say you go in with a scraper that is 6 feet wide. You end up with a ditch bottom that is 6‘ wide where maybe you only want it 2’ wide. This is one reason a smaller excavator would be better.