Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips?

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #11  
I use an oil extractor to vacuum the oil out of the engine. Then pump it into large plastic jugs.

Just feed a small diameter plastic tube down the dip stick and suck it out.

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #12  
I use an oil extractor to vacuum the oil out of the engine. Then pump it into large plastic jugs.

Me too (in certain cases)

IMG_1984.jpg

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #13  
I'm with you on that .. for two ATVs i waited two years ... i like to go off the the recommended hours .. but i also look at how hard the machine was used for plowing or towing. I did diffs this year too one b/c it was after break in, and the other b/c i dont know if it was ever changed and was concerned with condensation or water.
We operate machines hard, but still have low hours per year. We change the engine oil yearly which must be cheaper than a new one? (y)
grizdeep66.jpg

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips?
I crack the filter lose, then slip a gallon zip-lock bag over the filter before removing it completely. Any spills go into the bag while I take it to the drain pan.
Def stealing this idea!

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #15  
   / Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #16  
On big filters & especially diesel, drilling ~1/4" hole at the low point in the filter housing and letting it drain into a pan gets rid of the weight and the mess

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #17  
On my cars and trucks I used to use a floor jack to get them in the air but with modern cars you about have to go side to side to get the nose in the air. Then I got ramps, but went with a cheaper set. About a year ago I got a set of “Race Ramps”. They are just a little longer and go a little bit higher. They are a solid foam and coated with a rough tacky material so they don’t slide. Worth every penny.

Last edited:
   / Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #18  
Old school here but use the large black drain pan for draining. Empty T6 jugs for recycling, last jug tip pan up vertical and put filter in the bottom of the oil pan. Leave it drain overnight and one paper towel wipes out drain pan.

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #19  
What Rusty stated works for me! one better ,a five gallon pail with a dedicated funnel on top and a spigot near the bottom, setting on a low bench.

The drain pans are emptied in the funnel and allowed to drain until clear (overnight), the refuse is tapped off the bottom spigot into the empty oil jugs.

The five gallon pail never fills up, it just answers for a buffer in keeping the operation flowing smoothly.

/ Do you have any Oil/Fluid changing time saving efficiency tips? #20  

My DR oil pump type extractor is rather slow for that. I'd use the Northern Tool 12v one. Think it does 0.5 gpm.