Grapple EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #21  
Just to correct the timeline, I contacted them via their online contact form on THURSDAY, not Friday. I felt I would give them some time to respond before starting a public discussion here about this issue.

Am I impatient? Yeah, more often than not, yes I am. The older I get the more valuable my time gets to me. I have a tractor on order, and I would like to get some needed implements and attachments so it doesn't stay just a lawn ornament for very long.

If you are impatient about an email…
You may just need to go down to your local implement store and buy what you want now.
EA grapples are 3-4 months wait list
They make the best grapples on the planet, with excellent customer service for most everyone who buys anything from them…
But impatience and being an EA customer are not a good combination

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #22  
Contact via online methods is MUCH better when you need to relay URL info and/or pictures to show exactly what you are referring to. My opinion is that if someone wants to run a business ONLINE, then they really should be capable of effectively dealing with correspondence ONLINE. In other words, don't reach out to the entire world unless you are prepared for the entire world to reach back to YOU.

Unless their email reply ends up in your spam folder or junk folder, and you don’t see it at all
Or if just ends up lost in the ether.
My usual method of contact starts with an email, or website contact us form,
If I don’t hear back, I make a phone call
Almost always find the phone call or an in person meeting is more productive every time.
But I’m old fashioned I guess

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple
Just don’t buy it.
Well, that is definitely an option. But it otherwise seems like a nice product, so I am giving the benefit of the doubt that maybe I am looking at it wrong, or perhaps the guy in the video got a prototype. But I guess that approach sounds unreasonable to you?

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #25  
Well, that is definitely an option. But it otherwise seems like a nice product, so I am giving the benefit of the doubt that maybe I am looking at it wrong, or perhaps the guy in the video got a prototype. But I guess that approach sounds unreasonable to you?
I've got a wicked grapple from EA, and I love it. Everyone on here that gets one loves it. You seem unreasonable to me. They obviously aren't giving you a warm and fuzzy so do you and them a favor and don't buy it.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #26  
I've got a wicked grapple from EA, and I love it. Everyone on here that gets one loves it. You seem unreasonable to me. They obviously aren't giving you a warm and fuzzy so do you and them a favor and don't buy it.
He is not being unreasonable in questioning the new design of hose routing. I can see how that could be a problem.

He will hear from them at some point and if he calls them on Monday he will get a faster response. But he admits to being impatient at times as we all can be. Sometimes updates to a good product can have a negative outcome.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple
If you are impatient about an email…
You may just need to go down to your local implement store and buy what you want now.
EA grapples are 3-4 months wait list
They make the best grapples on the planet, with excellent customer service for most everyone who buys anything from them…
But impatience and being an EA customer are not a good combination
That is a different kind of patience, and one that is expected and tolerable. That has nothing to do with a level of customer service and interaction I am experiencing. What you are referring to is the reality of a popular product and the world wide situation of reduced availability of raw materials, manpower, or both. And one that would be understood after deciding on purchasing the product. I presume, of course, that they will tell me about any such delays in delivery times up front.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #28  
IMG_7338.JPG

Pic of my year old wicked55
No hose routing issues
Cannot even see the hoses from the front of the grapple
I definitely wouldn’t want the hoses routed in a way that they could be damaged,
So if the newest version has the hoses routed differently, I would just re run them through the back tube..

Last edited:
   / EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #29  
So, as per my original post in this thread, the way those hydraulic lines are threaded through the holes in the lower tines of the grapple are not a potential issue?

Sooooo
LoL
Getting to the actual concern, and not the methodology of contacting a business.

I finally actually watched the video, it made it easier to see the concerns on the hose routing,
And I agree that it doesn’t look like a good idea at all.!!!
I currently have a wicked 60 on order, and I will contact them about the hose routing.
They used to be tucked into the back tube, and were protected pretty good.
I’m not sure why they are now going through the actual grapple tines, that looks like it is just asking for trouble.
Good eye on spotting it

Last edited:
   / EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #30  
I have a grapple for my L3700SU. It's a Titan and I bought it 5 or 6 years ago for something like 1300.00. My advice is to get one that is the widest, strongest but lightest you can find. When picking things up. It's most often going to be sticks, stumps, logs etc. Not always going to be super heavy loads so something that's built to carry boulders and weighs 200 pounds more than it has too will also limit your tractors lifting ability.