Grapple EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #61  
What's the height of the tine at the round tube?

I just went out to refresh my memory, and snapped a few pics while I was at it.

I also verified that it's the same for 250 pound Wicked 55, 400 pound Wicked 60, and 660 pound Wicked 66.

66 is best for an M59 TLB, and that's what I photographed..
Travis

20230824_094403s.jpg

20230824_094429s.jpg

Lid tines are every bit as Wicked nasty as the lower ones. Great for gripping and spreading/smoothing loose dirt and material.

20230824_094423s.jpg

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #62  
Haven't heard anything about it in a looong time, so old news, I suppose.

Yeah, that's from when the gov't was scaring the :poop: out of everyone.
Travis
Hopefully, with the election coming up, they don't release another scamdemic. The important part is that your company doesn't cave in to the pressure.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #63  
Rich_Z, you have lesser known but very high quality grapple manufacturer not far from you called Rakemaster. Very high quality. Made in Perry Fl. The town got smashed from the hurricane from what I hear, but not the shop that makes them. Been building them for years here. Lynn Industrial Welding. Rakemaster.net is webpage.

I would suggest you give them a strong consideration, to a community that could use the support right now.

You can find some good youtube videos from a poster called cotontop3. He has one showing him pulling posts and small saplings with the way the rake grips. Love that feature.

Rakemaster has a very good reputation around FL.

Last edited:
   / EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple
Been talking with Travis at EA and I decided to buy the Everything Attachments WICKED 60 Root Rake Grapple. Travis was real helpful and stayed in touch with me constantly. Originally decided on the 55 model, but after giving some thought changed my order for the 60. I felt the thicker metal on the 60 would be worthwhile having.

Only fly in the ointment is that ETA is something like "4ish" months out. :(

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #66  
Been talking with Travis at EA and I decided to buy the Everything Attachments WICKED 60 Root Rake Grapple. Travis was real helpful and stayed in touch with me constantly. Originally decided on the 55 model, but after giving some thought changed my order for the 60. I felt the thicker metal on the 60 would be worthwhile having.

Only fly in the ointment is that ETA is something like "4ish" months out. :(

1694972796101.png
I bought the 60 also. The ETA was brutal for mine also, but it was worth the wait. It seems to be a great piece of equipment.

The only thing that I could see that could be improved, and pretty easily improved, is the grease points on the lid/cylinder connection points. It looks to me like the pipe between the o-rings should be longer.

I reached out to Travis via email about this (who was great to work with during the decision making process, by the way). He wrote that the grease will get to where it needs to get, or something like that. As it is, the grease just makes a mess between the pipe section and the cylinder clevis. It looks greased, but is not. If the pipe was longer, tight to the o-rings on each end of the pipe, it still wouldn't be ideal, but I think grease would have a much better chance of getting to the friction points.

I would be interested to know if others have noted the same condition that I did.

Thank you,

Doug

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #67  
View attachment 821798I bought the 60 also. The ETA was brutal for mine also, but it was worth the wait. It seems to be a great piece of equipment.

The only thing that I could see that could be improved, and pretty easily improved, is the grease points on the lid/cylinder connection points. It looks to me like the pipe between the o-rings should be longer.

I reached out to Travis via email about this (who was great to work with during the decision making process, by the way). He wrote that the grease will get to where it needs to get, or something like that. As it is, the grease just makes a mess between the pipe section and the cylinder clevis. It looks greased, but is not. If the pipe was longer, tight to the o-rings on each end of the pipe, it still wouldn't be ideal, but I think grease would have a much better chance of getting to the friction points.

I would be interested to know if others have noted the same condition that I did.

Thank you,

Doug
The picture I added is slow to load for some reason. I think is because it is a screen shot from a video that I posted to Youtube. Here is that link:

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #68  
IMO you’re absolutely correct 99%of the grease is just taking the path of least resistance and not getting under the cylinder clevis where the wear is gonna be. If it were mine I’d drill a tiny hole in each clevis ear then a little bigger hole sized to tap for grease fitting. I use Molly grease on all pins and bushings at 10 a tube I’m not a fan of wasting it. Poor design

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple
View attachment 821798I bought the 60 also. The ETA was brutal for mine also, but it was worth the wait. It seems to be a great piece of equipment.

Thank you,

Doug
Hmm, I have to admit, that has me concerned about my choice, now. And I note that the video you posted on YouTube was made a year ago. So they haven't improved upon the design since that time? Grease would just squirt out of the sides of that collar with the grease fitting on it. Any grease that got to the actual friction areas would just be minimal, at best.

I believe that most of their stuff is likely manufactured via CNC machinery, so I would think it wouldn't be an insurmountable problem correcting this issue. The appearance is that the problem is just being ignored. Which really doesn't give me a real warm and fuzzy feeling about it.

Heck, now I am rethinking my purchase. Not that I expect to use the grapple excessively, but the reason I decided on this EA grapple is because I thought I would be getting the BEST.

Maybe I will ask Travis about this. Then based on his answer, decide whether or not I really want to buy this particular grapple.

Thank you for the heads-up.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #70  
And I note that the video you posted on YouTube was made a year ago. So they haven't improved upon the design since that time?
I do not know if the design has improved since I bought mine. It would be great to hear that it has improved. If it has, I might be inclined to acquire the improved parts and retrofit mine.

Doug