Factory triple remote install

/ Factory triple remote install #21  
You understand that I have an OEM rear remote on this tractor, right?? :confused3:

Very simple, very clean. ;)

Yes, one OEM rear remote with the 3 block electric hydraulic diverter next to it. That is the cleanest setup I have seen.

/ Factory triple remote install #22  
Yes, one OEM rear remote with the 3 block electric hydraulic diverter next to it. That is the cleanest setup I have seen.

OK, just wanted to be sure. I agree, very clean, thanks for the complement. The valve mount is actually bolted in the OEM bolt holes. The outlets are in the OEM location height wise.:cool:

/ Factory triple remote install #23  
Good day. Long time reader, relatively new member.

Getting ready to upgrade the hydraulics on my Kubota L4610 HST (add 3rd function valve to 852 FEL for grapple, and 2-3 rear remotes to the single OEM factory (dealer) installed rear (added to supply a Woods frame mount backhoe). (Wish I had known about TNT's when I bought the beast!) Been doing a ton of searching and reading getting ready to do this mod.

The biggest question in my mind has been why do I need to "mess" with the OEM plumbing for the rear remote when I add a 3rd function to the FEL? Maybe I'm just totally confused by all of my prep reading... It just seems to me that I should be able to "ignore" the rear remote all together (as if I didn't have one) since the two systems SEEM to be independent of each other in this senario. Am I missing something obvious here?

The single rear remote is "hard" plumbed and the FEL seems to be independent of that plumbing. I've requested a hydraulics schematic from Messick's but still haven't received it. Maybe that will help clarify my confusion.

I'm due to call Nelson at WR Long today re: 3rd function but wanted to be at least reasonably well informed when we speak. I decided to do another search this AM to see if I might have missed important info.

I'm so psyched to have discovered the electric hydraulic diverter option for rear remotes mentioned here!!!! It really seems to address my needs and concerns! I've contemplated paying out the big bucks to buy a 3-spool factory unit (too many $$$), or buying parts to build my own (removing the OEM setup needlessly and having to build brackets, etc.) The Fite Rite setup sounds too good to be true! Am I missing something?

I'm open to enlightenment re: the need to include the OEM rear remote when adding the FEL 3rd function (or not). I'd also really appreciate thoughts on the Fit Rite rear remote option. (Is it a prepackaged Fasse valve setup perhaps?) Any input would be great. I've just had a shoulder repair done (12 months +/- until full recovery) so I'm anxious to modify the Kubota soon to help me be more functional here on the farm.

Thanks in advance for all of your ideas/suggestions.

/ Factory triple remote install #24  

Getting ready to upgrade the hydraulics on my Kubota L4610 HST (add 3rd function valve to 852 FEL for grapple, and 2-3 rear remotes to the single OEM factory (dealer) installed rear (added to supply a Woods frame mount backhoe). (Wish I had known about TNT's when I bought the beast!) Been doing a ton of searching and reading getting ready to do this mod.

The biggest question in my mind has been why do I need to "mess" with the OEM plumbing for the rear remote when I add a 3rd function to the FEL? Maybe I'm just totally confused by all of my prep reading... It just seems to me that I should be able to "ignore" the rear remote all together (as if I didn't have one) since the two systems SEEM to be independent of each other in this senario. Am I missing something obvious here?

The single rear remote is "hard" plumbed and the FEL seems to be independent of that plumbing. I've requested a hydraulics schematic from Messick's but still haven't received it. Maybe that will help clarify my confusion.

I'm due to call Nelson at WR Long today re: 3rd function but wanted to be at least reasonably well informed when we speak. I decided to do another search this AM to see if I might have missed important info.

I'm so psyched to have discovered the electric hydraulic diverter option for rear remotes mentioned here!!!! It really seems to address my needs and concerns! I've contemplated paying out the big bucks to buy a 3-spool factory unit (too many $$$), or buying parts to build my own (removing the OEM setup needlessly and having to build brackets, etc.) The Fite Rite setup sounds too good to be true! Am I missing something?

I'm open to enlightenment re: the need to include the OEM rear remote when adding the FEL 3rd function (or not). I'd also really appreciate thoughts on the Fit Rite rear remote option. (Is it a prepackaged Fasse valve setup perhaps?) Any input would be great. I've just had a shoulder repair done (12 months +/- until full recovery) so I'm anxious to modify the Kubota soon to help me be more functional here on the farm.

/ Factory triple remote install
Im curious how your remote works with your backhoe? Do you have a lever by the seat to start flow?

To answer your q on 3rd function. They are typically separate from the rear and can be introduced into the cycle via the power beyond circuit.

If I do a 3rd function, I'm gonna model this setup
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...talling-3rd-function-hydraulics-electric.html

Keep in mind that with the electric diverter setup in the rear you won't be able to control multiple floating valves as the same time from what I can tell (could be wrong) if that matters to you.

/ Factory triple remote install #26  

The rear remote diverter system is a pretty easy install when there is an OEM remote to pull from.

As far as the 3rd function, are you going diverter or true 3rd function? I feel that the diverter system is easier and works fine, but there are many that feel that the true 3rd function is the best and only way to go. There is no reason that I know of that the rear remote has anything to do with your plumbing. Diverter normally ties into the curl function. True 3rd function ties into the power beyond line from the loader control valve.

Let me know if you have any questions. ;)

/ Factory triple remote install #27  
Im curious how your remote works with your backhoe? Do you have a lever by the seat to start flow?

To answer your q on 3rd function. They are typically separate from the rear and can be introduced into the cycle via the power beyond circuit.

If I do a 3rd function, I'm gonna model this setup
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...talling-3rd-function-hydraulics-electric.html

Keep in mind that with the electric diverter setup in the rear you won't be able to control multiple floating valves as the same time from what I can tell (could be wrong) if that matters to you.

You are right, typically only one valve at a time is operational. This could be changed by using maintained switches though. I might be wrong, but I can't really thing of a situation where a person would want multiple valves operating in the float mode at the same time. :confused:

So my thinking is this and could be wrong. I want to float top and side link when I disc so as the tractor starts to drive over some of the slight berms in my field, my 3pt disc will tilt to the contour of the land just like a pull behind disc would do.

Whatcha think, is my logic flawed?

/ Factory triple remote install #29  
So my thinking is this and could be wrong. I want to float top and side link when I disc so as the tractor starts to drive over some of the slight berms in my field, my 3pt disc will tilt to the contour of the land just like a pull behind disc would do.

Whatcha think, is my logic flawed?

You bet. With the top link in float, the disk will pull up and only be cutting with the front row. Anytime that there is a drag on an implement, it wants to roll (tilt) forward. The top link stops it from doing that. Take away the top link (float mode) and the disk will just roll up on the front set. I suppose that if you were to put enough weight on the rear of the disk that it would not do that, but ?? :confused3: Try it sometime with the top link disconnected, disk, box blade, you will see what happens.

A pull set of disks is pulled from or below axle height. 3pt disks are pulled much higher than the axle. Don't see it working without added weight to the back of the disk. ;)

Thanks Brian, the HD 24x20 1.2k#+ 3pt discs in looking at have the lift arm attachments positioned below the main frame and have some pretty good weight aft. When I get it I'll test and trial for myself :)

Finished the install yesterday. Really great kit (for the money it otta be right?). One if the few jobs I've done where it all went together without a hitch, first time, no leaks and truly just bolt it up. Had I bought the tractor new this is what I would have got so its great to be able to add it later. Absolute hardest part of install was R&R the right rear tire, loaded R4, hard to even roll and shimmy it on the concrete barn floor.
Here are a few pics.
1shot is all 6 hoses perfectly fit length and connection angles from valves to QCs.
2nd shot is complete linkage inside cab
3rd is the final product, sticker and all.

Now just waitin on my Fit Rite TNT to ship and will be all set.

Attachments

• image-998467565.jpg
    image-998467565.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 282
  • image-973645155.jpg
    image-973645155.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 301
  • image-3964455220.jpg
    image-3964455220.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 321