FEL lubrication - has to be a better way

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #21  
I'm sure L&L and battery grease guns are great, but you can get by with what you have if you adjust your coupler properly. The end collar on couplers are screwed on and adjust similar to a drill chuck. When they are adjusted properly, they pop onto a zerk and allow you to pump the gun without holding the coupler. If they are too tight, they are difficult to remove. Too loose and they pop off while pumping grease. When you know how easy they are to adjust, you can tell as you pop the coupler onto a zerk if it needs a slight turn to tighten or loosen its grip before pumping. Unfortunately many people don't realize that end is adjustable.

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #22  
I agree, I’ve never felt the need for anything but a standard tip, I adjusted it just like Ford850 said.

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #23  
Absolutely the BEST thing that I did was to replace grease gun tips with LockNload or LockNlube. Don't recall which or something like them. Different ones of each of the 2 guns. Needed both recently. Could not get the one to "lock" in place. Got the other one, and it did.
I love my luck n lube.

I notice that lock n lube sends a rebuild kit with the fitting.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not?

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #24  
I agree, I’ve never felt the need for anything but a standard tip, I adjusted it just like Ford850 said.
Wait until you get old and have arthritis--Little or no finger strength and unable to squeeze anything much less a hand pump grease gun. Get the Lock-n-Lube on an electric grease gun and you'll never go back to your "hand jobs". 😏

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #27  
Good Alemite couplers are all adjustable for size. it's a collet end and tension (and size) are adjustable by rotating the end of the coupler barrel.

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #28  
Milwaukee electric for me. Nice to have the 3’ hose for hard to reach places-One hand greasing. With a little arthritis in my hands and wrists it’s much easier.

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #29  
Better way than I know, anyway. The saying is 'we have the tools and the talent'. When it comes to greasing my FEL grease fittings, I have neither.
I need to do something about this to help out my Kubota B7800 because it has been neglected for way too long, and I know this is the place to find out.
I believe that part of the problem is my venerable grease gun, which has a flexible hose that flops around and makes it hard to get the grease into the fitting at all. If guess if I had three hands, I could use two to pump the thing and the third to hold the end of the hose on the fitting. So those of you who have this figured out, please help me out. View attachment 691126

Frank
Frank,
I got SO tired of this.... I bought the dewalt 20V grease gun (have a lot of dewalt 20v tools anyway) AND then the lockNlube attachment. I know its $$ but.... couldnt figure out a better way. If I did not already have the DeWalt tools, I think I would have replaced ALL the Zerk fittings to make it easier. Just my 2 cents.

/ FEL lubrication - has to be a better way #30  
Yup. L&L with a Dewalt 10,000 PSI cordless gun and an IPA grease rejuvinator for those zerks that are jerks. Work smarter, not harder.
1616427160252.png