Fueling tractor

/ Fueling tractor #121  
I'm fortunate enough to be able to fill mine from the ground. The tank is in front of the steps on the left side of tractor. I fill it from 5 gal jugs while standing next to tractor.
Mine too. i can get the can started and rest the can on the floorboard. Way better than up top.

/ Fueling tractor #122  
All depends on one, the size of the unit and it's thirst, 2, how many you use and 3, how much you run them. A 5 gallon can may be fine.

For me, I'm running 2 large Kubota's every day in the summer when farming and while both are pretty good on fuel, I may sill fill them (30 gallons each) multiple times a day so I need fuel in bulk. Consequently, a 5 gallon can is a no work here.

Both my fillers are fairly low (I don't much care for the middle of the hood fill on the smaller Kubota's), mine are beside the steps on one and next to the 3 point on the other.

I actually have a 100 gallon tank in the truck so if I'm out in a field and I need fuel, I call my wife on the fm transceiver and she brings the truck out and I fill in the field.

All in what you need and how much you use the equipment.

/ Fueling tractor #123  

Attachments

• SAM_0868.JPG
    SAM_0868.JPG
    942.3 KB · Views: 117
   / Fueling tractor #124  
..?.. I use diesel to get my burn pits going. Works great.
Yeah, it does, but it won't burn your ankles with fumes you can't see if you pour it on something and then light it. You actually have to light it and get it hot enough to vaporize. Very stable fuel, and you're not going to ignite it with static sparks. If you set diesel on fire, it's because you intended to is what I meant. I used to keep some kerosene around for starting burn piles. Also stable and low fume. Doesn't stink quite as bad as diesel, but makes the perfect perfume if you're going where ticks and chiggers live. We used to keep a quart in our Jeep in the summers when we were fishing a lot on creek banks. Cut a small pine top, put some kerosene in a 6 oz. Coke bottle (glass one), stuff the pinestraw in the mouth of the bottle and spritz our pants legs with it and maybe rub a little on our arms for skeeter repellent. I've always kept a few kerosene lanterns around as well as a kerosene heater if I was working in cold temps with sufficient ventilation.

/ Fueling tractor #126  
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump

/ Fueling tractor #127  
a 5 gallon jug works for me most days. We take several along to the station and line them up. Hip or shoulder aching? 3 gallons per can

/ Fueling tractor #128  
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump
Are you sure? How much do you use? Diesel fuel with biocide added stays good a long time - several years at least. If you are not filling up enough to go through 50 gallons in several years it wouldn’t seem to me that you were hoisting five gallon cans often enough for it to be a big problem.

You could buy a cheap 25 gallon Sprayer tank and strap it to a pallet. Connect a hose to the drain port with a ball valve. Load it in your pickup and fill it at the station. Take it home and unload with your tractor. When you want to fill up lift it with your loader higher than the tank, open the valve and let gravity do the work.

/ Fueling tractor #129  
My setup. 30 gallon drums you can get from uline.

Attachments

• 2C5DE50E-59FE-4D66-8EEB-424C26AFB142.jpeg
    2C5DE50E-59FE-4D66-8EEB-424C26AFB142.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 129
  • CF374E1B-E119-4CB2-9FF2-EA9A416614D2.jpeg
    CF374E1B-E119-4CB2-9FF2-EA9A416614D2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 115
   / Fueling tractor #130  
I use this 35 gallon set up put a 10mic particulate filter on it and I add a little biocide every fill up. Less than $250 for everything. A lot more effecientfor my small operation than using 5gal cans and funnels.

Attachments

• 16189240113712891534975293164909.jpg
    16189240113712891534975293164909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119