Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,432  
Good Morning
62° with peeks of sun and a good breeze blowing.
Not supposed to get to 70, but no rain and some sun.

Yesterday was a mixed bag, started with a meeting at the airport about modifying the doors on the maintenance hangar. A previous tenant had “improved” them with structural steel and OSB. This added so much weight that the trolleys that they hung from were overwhelmed and wear out too quickly. Looks like the plan will be to restore them to their original configuration.

After that I ran the wire for the new diesel pump, and puttered around in the shop. My Fusion time was to finalize the bucket ear project, I cut a sample out of 20ga and took it to the excavator to confirm it was a perfect fit.

Put the grapple on the tractor and started clearing the shrubbery and trees in the way of my new old folks home.

Today I’m having a pre-construction meeting with the GC and concrete contractor. After that I’m going to trade the plumbing and HVAC drawings for a building permit. It looks like this project is off to the races.

I have a central vacuum my house since I built it 40 years ago. I can’t say enough good about having your vacuum exhaust to the outdoors. Careful placement of the inlets makes it pretty easy to manage the long hose. I hadn’t thought about putting one in the old folks home, but now the wheels are turning.

Great looking log splitter Frits.
I’m putting a fireplace in the old folks home, something I left out of the house for fear of wasting energy up the chimney.
So now firewood tools are catching my eye.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,433  
Beautiful piece of machinery.
C'mon - some specs.
What's the biggest log it's rated for?
it will lift 600 pound logs or more and use 4 way, or 6 way, or 12 way splitter heads. 8 second cycle time with auto retract. Hydraulic lift for the splitter heads to position it for best position.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,434  
Morning all, 63 going to 69 and cloudy.
I got the deck on and mowed the areas I missed the other day.
Then took the trimmer out and went through three batteries the grass was so tall and wet.
Still have more to do, but at least it's neater by the the shared road now.
Grilled some salmon for dinner.

Lou - hope they can get your heart to work better.

More discussions about my dad, seems there is not much we can do. Brother will go out again and try to get Uncle set up with autopay then I will go out August to see what I can do. We figured out Dad's GF has bad heart condition, makes sense with the drinking and smoking and wacky diet.

Got to get the batteries charged up for another trimmer run tonight, this day job takes up too much time :cool:

L4N seems like you are still in good spirits, hope they can get you out and about soon.

M7040 - nice splitter, love mine, but it is not anywhere near as nice. Using the 8lb maul was not helping my shoulders any either.

Popgadget - sounds like the new space is moving along nicely

Don, nice grilling area, looks like a great setup.

Be well,
Lunch service for the babies
20240515_182102.jpg

Always fun to see thousands of tulip type flowers on 90 foot tall poplar trees.
20240515_181525.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #190,435  
it will lift 600 pound logs or more and use 4 way, or 6 way, or 12 way splitter heads. 8 second cycle time with auto retract. Hydraulic lift for the splitter heads to position it for best position.
SWEET!! Beats my CENTRAL MACHINERY 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter

1715864840664.png

/ Good morning!!!! #190,436  
Ken, full grown tulip poplars are beautiful.
That was the memorial tree my family got to be planted along the graveyard in Wrightstown.

spent half an hour on phone making doc appts. Went back to first place, whined a little more, and turns out the day my nuclear stress test
is given, the cardiologist I want to see has hospital duty and will be reading the test. Perfect, if there's anything wrong, I will be hauled in immediately.
Next appointment was in November...but nurse could see me week after test. Resolved happily.

going out to pick some lettuce

/ Good morning!!!! #190,438  
Good Morning,
Ct, 56 to start going to 63 with cloudy and some spot showers!

Frits, beautiful splitter ! Best of luck with that beauty!

Ron , super pics ! Thanks !

Will try and get a hike in this morning, hopefully better than yesterday when I got soaked about 2 miles from home ! 😉

Don, your new place looks amazing ! Enjoy !

Got the pool filled yesterday, 3 tractor trailer loads about did it ! Really don’t want to take the cover off yet with all the stuff coming down from the trees ! Weather looks better for tomorrow, maybe then !

Hope all have a blessed day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #190,439  
May gray is upon us. 55º mornings. No sun until mid morning and 75º daytime highs. Perfect May weather, drizzled yesterday am but no real rain. We've had our fair share.
Beats the heat that is surely coming. A little work this AM then a trip to the gun store today.
All is well.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,440  
Good morning all. 68ºF for start, overcast rain, on radar, light breeze. windy during thunderstorms, rain(radar show .5 inch) High temp was at midnight at 73ºF. Clean up for cleaning ladies, made coffee, They are gone now, off to town for haircut and groceries.
Wednesday 6:33 AM CDT post:
Ken sorry about rip in deck, does it need reinforcement? Good to hear peach tree still alive. Sorry about wandering ornamental grass, I took all mine out :) Sorry about mirror costs, what about aftermarket replacement?
Scott(vt) that is a lot of water. Hope yu were ready for it.
Thomas hope puttering and hanging thing went well.
Billy nice rain. You sound happy with the puppy, hope wife is too. Good luck with the coffee contest. Always fun to run into people you haven't see in a while and catch up.
Paul sorry about rain keeping outside damp. Glad Jeep A/C now working! Congrats on no diesel spill until pump turned itself on :( Sorry about having to redo the exhaust valve setting. Good to hear ear ready for cutting.
Bill hope you can double on PT. Sorry but I won't be bringing you ribs anytime soon.
Gstrom I would thing if dew is light no problem, if it is heavy some may drip off after spraying.
Plowhog have built that kind of wall at the previous house, back fill was a lot of work. I was younger then.
RNG nice weather paperwork is sooo much fun ;) good to hear progress on unpacking and mowing. Hope trip back north went well.
Dennis sorry about son's A/C. Glad didn't happen at peak heat. We will be seeing pop up rain and storms today.
Billy I trust you more after that admission.
Scott(vt) what a guy, ready to fly to get the ribs and take to Bill !!
Glad you are getting solar shed cleaned up, good luck with manual update.
Ted sorry about more show than go(rain) out of the storms. Sorry about the family continuing saga, that seems to be the nature of the beast. Definitely hard times to deal with, just wish "they" didn't feel the need to pull others in :( Sorry about no shop time, might help you cope with it all. We had tulips at last house leaves did not last much longer than the blooms and they do come back.
RS planting bed looking good after weeding and fresh mulch. Trees and bushed look nice too. Good to hear most seedlings out of starter tray. Hope work on lift cylinder and deck demo went well.
Ken our tulips were up next to house. That slowed the deer down.
Drew glad good lunch with brother. Hope you found your motivation. My motivation took lessons from Ted motivation :( Hope a good RV trip in store for you.
Bill 2 PT yea!
David and Ken when I worked with my dad he had to fix the screw I stripped :(
Drew sorry about the wait times.
Dennis camping sounds fun.
Ted nice survival rate on tulips. Sorry about pond pump. Sorry about birds eating you out of house and home. And he has the energy to be persistent because of all the food you're giving him.
Drew good luck with getting appointment.
Don that is a spaghetti mess, three splitters, unterminated coax, netgear looks like a hub or switch, hard to see what is in the wall.
Thomas glad clutch and chain did their magic. Hope you get your seat time.
Lou sorry about your persistent afib. Wife and brother both had afib well controlled with meds.
Randy(wag) hope dentist is not after new pool.
Steve(B7510) I would trace black cable out first.
More catch up tonight
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.