Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #138,491  
I look at that racing bike, congrats Rich, and visions of orthopedic surgeons immediately appear.
I bet you can find someone to make very happy.
We have enough bad knees, legs and other parts here; don't want you to add any more... ;)

quiet grey morning, time for one more cup.
hummingbird out there sucking it up, puts beak down for three or four seconds at a time.
Then waits a little bit. And down goes the beak again. Then I think they are so buzzed they have to fly around....

nah Doc, I don't have diabetes. I'm just a big hummingbird.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,492  
Waiting to get my carpal tunnel done again. Both thumbs painful, no grip, drop things, two fingers bending and have to be snapped back. Yuk.
My mother had to have such surgery twice. I have not had to have it a second time. Is that a matter of luck, or a matter of me having a better surgeon than you and my mother had the first time? I've always thought it was the latter.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,494  
Good Morning!!!! 62F @ 5:15AM. Sunny. High 88F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Today a cooling trend starts that runs through the weekend, which also brings a chance of rain. But just enough to glue all that dust down to whatever it's clinging to now.

I had carpal tunnel surgery when they went in to pin a broken bone in my wrist, Bird. The surgeon that did the work left the pin extending out into the joint, and a year later a real doctor had to go in and fix it. In my experience at least, doctors are no different than mechanics, plumbers, or any other trade or profession, in that there are good 'uns and bad 'uns. The only difference is that thanks to the AMA, there's no Angie's List or Amazon rating system so you can find out which is which.

Containment on the Dixie Fire has grown to 75%, and good progress is being made on the other fires, too. Last week there were 15,000 firefighters on the lines, now it's down to 11,000. They think Lake Tahoe is safe now as well.

Neighbor suggested a quarry that might have sand, and they had four different kinds. They even deliver, but the phone call with the details never materialized. Just another sign of the times, I guess. I'm on hold doing any more trench filling until that's worked out, but it was kinda nice not ending the day all covered in brown dust for a change.

ladderTopBrackets.jpg

After fiddling away most of the day catching up on paperwork while waiting on that phone call, I said to heck with it and got busy rigging the water level sensor up to the big tank. First job was to mount the two side stops for the ladder, and the inner tube rubber strapped to the ladder ends really helped keep things in place while I drilled and screwed. So thanks for the suggestion!

levelSensorOutletBigTank.jpg

Drilling a hole in the tank and putting the wire through was easy, but the bulkhead pass trough fitting wasn't long enough to make it all the way through the heavy wall of the tank. It was almost 5/8" thick! I found a spot facing tool and tried it out, but without a pilot, it just skidded all over the place. Didn't want to take the time, but ended up cobbling one together from stuff in the drawer, and it worked perfectly. There was plenty of wire on the sensor to reach the junction box, and the electrical end went smoothly, too. Back down at the pump house on other end of the wire, I measured continuity, a good thing the float switch was still up out of the water. But it wasn't out of the water by much, as all that pumping has the tank within a couple hundred gallons of full. Today I'll get the other end wired in, so more fiddling around in the pump house.

COVID-19 numbers are way up in the local hospital, so it's back to masks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing on today's grocery run. That same neighbor texted me saying he hasn't been feeling well lately, but he hasn't been tested yet. I plan to avoid him for the next couple of weeks, just to be safe.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #138,495  
Good Morning.
It’s 68 and going to 90 with sunny skies here in Wichita.

Yesterday’s ground school ended with a test, which I did well on. I have off to day, planning to go see the B29 “Doc” which is in a hangar here, then off to the Cessna plant to check up on the plane. Tomorrow starts in the sim, all of our sim sessions are at civilized times, most starting about 1pm. The only exception is the last one for the check ride starts at 5am, that’s next Friday.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,496  
57°F and clear skies with some spotty fog this morning, going up to 84° today.

Wife played babysitter on Sunday for the youngest stepson's new girlfriend, who has an 18-month-old daughter. The girl was sick, and now, so is my Wife. She cancelled her trainings scheduled for yesterday and just vegged on the couch downstairs. Said she feels a little better today, no doubt in part due to the ingestion of copious amounts of RobitussinDM. No good deed goes unpunished.

Congrats, Rich. Looks like a fun bike. Way to smash that I-never-win-anything curse.

BEF, we have a production meeting every Tuesday and Thursday at work, and probably 99% of what transpires there could have been addressed with an email. Maybe once every three or four months there is an actual Quality issue I need to address.

Welcome to the GM thread, newtonlil819. Always preferred tea myself.

Wow, David, that's nearly as much as I paid for my 3135 with a cab. Crazy. Congrats on the new Mule.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,497  
Morning all, sunny after some rain last night.
Went rock picking in the trench, for two full carts full. Too hot to do much else.

BEF - very glad to hear the surgery went well
Drew - $1350 poorer and with a swollen lip just happy to be home. Dentist visit done for a while I hope?

Stay safe and be well

/ Good morning!!!! #138,498  
RedNeckGeek said, "In my experience at least, doctors are no different than mechanics, plumbers, or any other trade or profession, in that there are good 'uns and bad 'uns."

That's ABSOLUTELY right! I could tell you stories that some wouldn't believe about some I've had experience with; either personally OR family members. I'm convinced that I've known the absolute best and the absolute worst doctors, at least one of which lost his license and another who moved from town to town as the lawsuits piled up.

And yes, as a police captain, I learned the same is true of police officers.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Good morning!!!! #138,499  
Day got off to a slower start than anticipated.

Got a quite high quote on LS MT125 for Sophie. Thousands more than expected. This is a new dealer, replacing the one 1 bought from. My guess from their main website is they are more a corporate supplier vs user/consumer.
By the time you add taxes, it is more than I paid for my XR4140.
View attachment 713538

As I was sorting thru this my new neighbor called. Very talkative type. Had to tell him I had a bucket of grout calling me. Then I had to explain the grout

But I did get underway, will still need a final clean up.

Also decided that it would be beneficial for our son to inherit not just assets that have appreciated, but also assets that have been appreciated (by me and his Mom ). In keeping with that, I put a deposit on a UTV, Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4.
View attachment 713539
Dealer didn’t have an inbound yet, just posted to website by Kawasaki last night which probably means it is invoiced but not shipped. Decided to go kinda middle of the road, more utility. Dealer had told me to watch the website as they show up there first and tend to be sold by time they arrive. I’ll likely add a roof and windshield.
Those mules are very good utility vehicles, the two we have on the farm have been worked hard and have held up well.
They are not fast and they do not have to ride quality of the faster ones.
You will find every bump and hole were you drive it.
They are the hard working line for the Kawasaki's.
The other lines are better riding, faster and not as hard working..

/ Good morning!!!! #138,500  
Drew - $1350 poorer and with a swollen lip just happy to be home. Dentist visit done for a while I hope?

I wish. That was second one this year, I need one more and I told him next Spring.
I don't have dental insurance and the cost keeps climbing.

PJ, sorry your wife is sick, hope she feels better soon. My brother's wife has a "severe stomach virus" after visiting her small
grandchildren in Charleston SC.

got the lawn mowed and another three pounds of tomatoes picked.