Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,981  
Happy Birthday Ken. May you have many more.

13.2 Deg C this morning. Nice day ahead. No wind at all at present.
Truck serviced at Dealer yesterday. No issues whatsoever so far. 12 months and 15,000 klm.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,982  
community/EMS night out, across the street from me.
The little K9 in training was a hit with the little kids.
About four local K9 units brought their dogs.

pretty hot out, I got sweaty and time was up but not before seeing some of my old fire company buddies,
old chief of police, etc and a few classmates.

Attachments

• IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 70
   / Good morning!!!! #153,983  
Located the 1/4" crown stapler and spent most of the day stapling the 1" hardware cloth onto the new screener frame.

I did manage to get it finished before knocking off for the day and run a few bucketloads through it:

This one might be a little more efficient, since I used fewer boards and there is more open screen to allow the material to pass through.
. (y)

Nice screen. I keep meaning to build one. Is it 8x8? Fixed on ground or portable? Guy up the road with greenhouse has a commercial screener.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,985  
Happy Birthday Ken and many more

/ Good morning!!!! #153,986  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to Ken. Hope you have a great day!

David--TO THE RESCUE! Hope you're enjoying the time with family.

Thomas, heat gets to me too! Much more recently over the past couple of years. ....it must be an age thing....

Spent most of the day dismantling the Jeep, and a couple more body parts need to be replaced. The $$$ total is climbing. Also noticed the ABS light is on.... haven't begun to diagnose that yet. Supposedly, there is a 'grinding noise' that happens when driving, so will need to diagnose that too.

520D1034-3756-46C9-B1CA-6E64E173150E.jpeg60EA5222-2A0D-4073-B9F2-EFCC79B23099.jpeg

The daughter says her boyfriend (who did all the damage) is going to pay for it, but he doesn't have any funds at present, so it may just sit here a bit longer. ----- I'm not gonna "loan" any more than some of my labor.

No puddles left from yesterday's rain. No real storms forming today, but supposed to get storms "likely" tomorrow, as the weather guessers stated.
This is the extent of today's cloud cover....

14ACC6B8-75F5-4677-8899-85DD2A1EC738.jpegBAA7FB05-5933-42E7-BFE3-87B5B5D8C5B7.jpeg

Time to relax, going to watch a PBS show, Frontline, about the war in Ukraine.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,987  
Good early (Wednesday) arvo. Another mild overnight Low of 8C, a few wind gusts and woke up to a showery day. There was 3.5mm in the gauge @0900. The predicted High is 15C but I'm currently showing 12.3C. Rain showers for today, sometimes heavy (which I can attest to, so far), and high winds = I've taken down my flagpole to be on the safe side.

Into town for 1000 in order to meet up with our Minister, who's returned from his vacation, report what's happened regarding the Shed and return his key to him. Of course there was a new 'deposit' of items stacked outside of the shed, which I moved in. We then loaded the "dumped" armchairs onto the back of his ute and he'll take them to the tip.

Stopped off at the Chemist for a couple of prescriptions. Whilst waiting for them I wandered over to the PO to check for any mail = yes, there was a delivery, so I got in the queue. The PO sells a lot of those "As seen on TV" items and I noticed that they had a set of "Speed Out" titanium screw extractors. Hey, for A$20 I couldn't go wrong, eh? Besides that, I'm a self-acknowledged sucker for a new gadget.

[daugen: off to supermarket this morning, finally timed it right so local market gives 5 percent off for seniors on Tuesday.]

And lastly I did my weekly grocery shopping, which has the 5% seniors discount on Wednesday. Every little bit helps.

So I've now had my lunch, the groceries and such have been put away and that's about it. Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,988  
69F and clear @ 22:00, heading down to around 64F for the low overnight.

Day went mostly as planned:

Spent most of the day screening compost/manure.

I brought down a bucketload of screened manure yesterday to add to the expanded garden area and The Woman asked if I was "amending" it (the screened manure) ... :oops:

So I asked Her "... with what ?" ... :LOL:

Seems She thought it ought to have some of the other compost mixed in with it, so I managed to dig through the piled up manure today into the spot in the compost pile where I had been excavating the regular compost and went back to alternating: one bucketload of regular compost through the screener followed by a bucketload of manure.

Big pile of screened material mostly replenished at this point.

Ran over to the barn and got the other long hose in preparation for filling in groundhog burrows. Spotted one last night out back and snuck out with the shotgun and took a shot. May have hit it ... but it didn't kill it and it headed back to its burrow.

Finished the initial tilling on the west side of the garden area that I had sprayed. Woman rounded up the rocks the tiller brought up. Brought down several bucketloads of screened material for that area, still a lot to go.

Gathered up the weeds She had pulled from the flower bed (and the rocks from the tilling) and took those up and added them to the compost pile. The rocks help break things up and keep the screen from getting clogged.

She did a bunch of string trimming in preparation for spraying - which I may get done tomorrow, assuming I get started before it gets too hot. Ran through all the batteries, those are recharging now for Round 2 tomorrow.

Amazon delivered order, really liking the new cup/phone holder for the Kubota that was mentioned in a recent TBN thread.

Woman went out and got pizza from the local joint, which we shared with our dog walker neighbor friend and her friend. Sent them home with some squash as well.

Remembered to spray the Apicide on the nest entry outside above the man door going into the shop tonight when I knocked off. Didn't take too much to get them to come flying out, but I managed to not get stung.

Happy Birthday/Decade to Ken !

Hope everyone had a great day !

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,989  
Good evening all. 79ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. Sky clouded up some, wins 10-15, gusts to 20, High temp was 101ºF, HI 103ºF. 10 day now saying 8 days will miss 100+, but no rain :( . Bike ride this morning, wind penalty over 1/2 mile again. Cooled off then mowed front yard. Had annual call from money people, started late so no nap :(. Wife brought hop Chic-fil-A for dinner, Japanese guy did not answer telephone.
Randy(wag) Hope no damage from the storm. Good to hear you are no in the saddle for all the Church activities.
Ted nice rain! Glad planters are filled and most of the dirt pile moved. Good to hear seat time was good :). Dinner sounded yummy.
Scaredy good to hear two new chicks. looking forward to pic.
Scaredy thanks for the extra info. hope you can get incubator issues worked out.
David thanks for pic, it explains the rescue rather well.
Roy hope you get some rain, and mowing goes well.
Buppies know how you feel about rain everywhere but here :(. Hope you got some rain today.
Drew glad someone else mowed last week. hope shopping was successful.
Dennis glad you got some rain. You would think there is some technology to help your dad with phone. Good to hear L5030 back. Is new job at new employer?
Billy good to hear humidity is not as bad. Sorry about lid. Getting broke grease fitting out without huge battle and having replacement not bad either :)
Don hoping you get some rain as well, lawn here was looking good till mid June. Big chunks are dead now.
Ken Happy Birthday!!
PJ good luck with mowing.
RNG nice you will get break from 100+ days, and almost had rain! Hope getting bike back to CA goes without major problems and you can find the smog controls decal.
David is Sophie helping? Glad Happy Hour was fun.
RS cup holder before floor boards? New screener looks nice. Hope hornet nest project is completely successful. Hope today went well, nice blooms
Thomas most of us go inside during afternoon, I try to get started early.
Drew that is how our tree guy moves the bigger trunk pieces.
Doug good to hear someone does not have too much wind. Also good new on truck service.
Drew nice pic, glad you got visit old friends
Ted nice progress on jeep. Hope it works out. nice cloud pics.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / frind stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,990  
Nice screen.

Thanks.

I keep meaning to build one. Is it 8x8?

The screen itself is 72" x 63", the larger dimension being the width.

The "Light Material" bucket on the Kubota is 60" wide.

I made the screen a little taller this time around ... to make it easier to grab the screen and tip it up with the bucket on the loader ... and then drop it ... which facilitates clearing the screen if material is getting hung up.

Fixed on ground or portable?

Portable.

The steel frame is mostly constructed from 1/8" wall 2" square tube, which is plenty strength-wise but still pretty light.

Think I used 10 or 12 gauge HR sheet for the front and side panels to retain/separate the screened/unscreened material.

There are a couple of pieces of (3/8" ?) 3" angle about 5' or 6' long on the sides on the bottom that it sits on.

If I curl the bucket on the loader all the way back, I can reach inside and pick it up with the loader and move it around (low and slow of course ... ;))

Will try and remember to get some more pictures of that.

Guy up the road with greenhouse has a commercial screener.

(y)

I'm pretty happy with mine, figure it has paid for itself with all the screened material I have gotten out of it.