Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #261  
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of bad boy tractors? Any owners?
I don’t own a Bad Boy but I do own a Branson. Bad boys are made by Branson/TYM. I have a 2515H. I believe it’s the same as the 4025h . The specs are the same but the paint decals and seat are different. TYM bought Branson but this will only help the with more dealers and shops . With 100 hours on my Tractor I would not hesitate to purchase a Bad Boy . They are some Bad A…s tractors!

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #262  
knowing it is made by TYM, I wouldn't have an issue with buying one.

Although, I would just want to know where I would take it for warranty work and feel confident that place will be there when I need it. I just had to have warranty work done on my new SA425. No issue, I took it there and paid to have it delivered when fixed. Blew an o'ring on a hydaulic line. They had to replace the whole fitting with the o'ring. $3 fitting, thank God for warranty ;)

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #263  
Just want to clarify this good point. For those who don't know I teach economics at HS level.

Opportunity cost is anything you forgo in order to make a decision you make. It does not even have to be financial. The opportunity cost of typing out this post is whatever I could otherwise have been doing.

For the people who value the large network and brand recognition of the JD and Kubota lines, the opportunity cost of those choices would be money to buy implements or vacations or whatever choices they otherwise could have made by buying a less expensive brand.

For the people who buy more on price, the opportunity cost is the bigger network and name recognition or the potential risk of the brand going away.

We all weigh those choices and make the best one we can given our own tolerance for the risk and ability to analyze that risk.

My issue is when people imply or state that the best choice for everyone is to choose one way or another.
I am glad I passed Economics years ago before people started to make up new words and phrases for Logic.
Many here give advice based on long Experience, Knowledge and Logic. Nothing lasts forever and all brands have shortcomings. Most advice given here is based on reality and purpose for required and expected tasks.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #264  
the Dealer I plan to buy from (if I buy a Bad Boy) is a very Reputable dealer that I know the owner so I have a lot of faith in having someone in my corner if needed.

This is a very important part of your tractor purchase. More important to me than the brand because a reputable dealer won’t sell junk.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #265  
I was under the impression that 'Bad Boy ' made zero turn lawnmowers, not compact tractors. The field certainly is getting crowded lately.

You can only slice the pie slices so thin and there isn't anything left to eat...lol
They got into the tractors during COVID or just before. I go by their ZT plant, Bad Dawg implement plant (actually a spartan company) and by their tractor assembly plant several times a week (in Batesville, AR). They must be doing okay, we see the Bad Boy trucks (18 wheelers) all over in AR and MO - I'm sure those trucks are in other states as well. The tractors have been picked up by a bunch of local (and I'm guessing non-local) dealers. I've heard from friends that work @ Bad Boy that the tractors are good quality but top out (currently) at 35hp - what they call their "Mid-Sized Tractors" The people I know say they are getting a really low % of returns & warranty claims - they are probably a bit biased, but I do not know that for sure.

As a side note, their local competitor, Spartan Mowers which include Intimidator UTVs, Bad Dawg Accessories, Ground Hog Max ATV/UTV Disc Plow, and envy Neighborhood Vehicles is either on Bad Boys complex or across the street. I recall that the original owners of Bad Boys sold to current owners and started up Spartan. Spartan was bought by Black & Decker last year but I'm not exactly sure which of their brands were bought - I recall that it wasn't all of them according to the article in the paper.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #266  
I hope that their partnership with Branson continues now that TYM runs the show; even though they've not reached my neck of the woods I really appreciate competition in the market. Plus that orange looks pretty good.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #267  
I wish they offered a cab on the 30-series models.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #268  
My only 2 cents is make sure you have a good dealer that will be there for years.

This past December when Kubota sky-rocketed the price of the M7060 cab I was about to buy, I read on here about the Branson models that you can delete the DPF on and they still run perfect.
Then I remembered I actually had one Branson dealer in this whole district. So I said that is the tractor I am buying.

Called that dealer and the woman on the phone says "no sorry, we are closing the business, do you need parts for one? I can give you a phone number of a guy that may be able to get you parts."

Lesson learned.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #269  
I felt like I was rolling the dice 23 years ago buying my first mahindra but I never had any issues and have owned two more since then. You can get a bad one of anything and when you are gleaning opinions from online reviews remember that someone will jump online in a second to burn a company if they don't get their way even if the problem was inflicted by abuse, lack of maintenance, or damage. The people that take the time to leave positive reviews are probably only around 60 percent.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #270  
If you haven't purchased a tractor yet your best bet is to
test drive as many tractors as you can to get the feel for
the one that suits you the best! By doing this you will have
a good grasp of where the controls are located and what
would be most convenient for you

willy